Search results

1. D

ROI for boiler replacement

BTU Meters Thanks for the info on BTU meters - I didn't know about them, and it seems like a potential solution. I'll check into that further. Anyone have thoughts about the value of an automatic flue damper, retrofit to my old boiler? I know I'd need some new control unit(s), a second gas...
  2. D

Thanks to all for the feedback. - The input/output calculation is very helpful - I'll check that. - Steam is a non-issue as we have hot water. - I'm aware of the PVC exhaust/intake issues. A quick survey of the back wall of the house indicates we're close enough to the units, we would...
  3. D

Hi all: I have a three family house that is currently heated with a 1940 (!) Janitrol gas-fired hot water boiler. Most of the house has radiators, but there are a few baseboards and convectors. The house is divided into three discreet spaces, but has only one thermostat and zone. It is a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks