Search results

1. jrprusak

Hot Water Heater

Can you send me in the right direction to purchase a new residential hot water heater? Natural gas, 40 gal, tall, direct vent, no power required, 10+ year warreny, good city water. Rheem, AO Smith, Bradford, a few extra bucks for better quality is no issue. Thank you, John
  2. jrprusak

Hot Water Heater Contaminated

A socket would not work for removal of the anode rod. The liquid wrench was sprayed into the anode head cavity. It did not help the removal. An impact wrench was needed to break the seal which is when the liquid wrench material entered the tank and contaminated the water heater. I had no idea...
  3. jrprusak

Yes, the baking soda helped, the dawn dish soap acted as a carrier, does take a lot of flushing. Best to dilute the baking soda with warm water to help it dissolve. The baking soda worked better than vinegar, hydrogen peroxide. This was a bad lesson to learn, never get any petroleum type product...
  4. jrprusak

I always have used magnesium anode rods, the material would have nothing to do with smell or taste. This liquid wrench smell in my water heater has been very challenging to get flush out. Drained and flushed the entire tank over 8 times, using well over 1000 gallons of water. I have used...
  5. jrprusak

Well this just is not working, The smell of liquid wrench from the hot water heater is still in our home system. Flushed several times, vinegar and Dawn dish soap, tried hydrogen peroxide flush, and still the smell is in the system. Would there be a chlorine type additive to try? Laundry...
  6. jrprusak

Using Liquid Wrench to break the anode rod seal worked, but stupid idea. It has contaminated my hot water heater system. The oil smell comes out of every faucet. Running the hot water has not worked after several attempts. Can I drain and flush the system with something to fix this? Someone...
  7. jrprusak

short cycling sump pump.

I do not understand what you said., I am new to the sump pump in the home we bought. Never was an issue for the first year since we were here. I had a plumber come out yesterday but he has never seen a water-assist system. I have another coming today and advised them if they have no...
  8. jrprusak

short cycling sump pump.

Our sump pumps started to cycle on for 5 seconds every few hours. It is a water-assisted type pump that operates by city water. There is no water coming into the basin. Why would it keep cycling every few hours? Brand is a BasePump. Thank you
  9. jrprusak

Toilet Recommendation

Time to update and get more efficient toilets, Two-piece, floor mount,dual-flush, chair height, elongated, and a good flush.. Can you help me out with what is new on the market that is a good choice? Moen Kholer American Standard Other? Is the American Standard H2Option new...
  10. jrprusak

Wall hung gasket

The gasket I have is square cut both inside and outside on one side and square cut outside but rounded inside on the other side, not sure what side goes to the wall.
  11. jrprusak

Wall hung gasket

Those new sponge type gaskets for a wall hung toilet, one side is flat and the other is tapered. Which side does the flat side face? Thank you John
  12. jrprusak

Gerber Wall Hung 20-021

Is this still the wall hung of choice? Thanks John
  13. jrprusak

Bock 32E Oil Fires

I talked to Carlin they think it would be the primary control and recommend replacing the older 60200 with the newer primary 70200 and setting post purge to 15 seconds
  14. jrprusak

Bock 32E Oil Fires

I meant OIL FIRED... The hot water heater is only about 5 years old, after up to temperature the burner cuts out as it should and then runs for 15 seconds to purge the stack. The last few days, at the purge stage the motor cuts in and out, off-on-off-on until it finally stops. Any idea as to...
  15. jrprusak

Wall Hung Recomendation

BINGO on the Gerber Maxwell wall hung. Great flush, The American Standard with power flush is going to the dumpster
  16. jrprusak

Wall Hung Recomendation

Can you ship to Fairbanks? home or dock ship...like the video...jp
  17. jrprusak

Wall Hung Recomendation

Terry.. I have to move on replacing the Glenwall wal hung, It is a poor flush and always has been for solids.. They sent me a new pressure vessel, but it is still just as bad. Is the Gerber Maxwall 20-021 still the best option for a wall hung replacement?? My other toilet is the older American...
  18. jrprusak

Wall Hung Recomendation

Wife says the wall hung Glenwall with pressure assist is too loud, poor flush for paper and solids and has to go. Blows everything apart and requires a second flush to clear the bowl.. is the Gerber Maxwell my best option for a replacement wall-hung? I do not care about the water usage, just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks