Search results

1. inexplorata

WH burner... doesn't look right.

I brought home an orphan AO Smith 75 gallon, the previous owner has gone to tankless.... Once in my garage I started looking it over... the burner seems off-kilter by several degrees. The little rusty bracket has a V-shaped notch in it... is the burner meant to sit on that? Should I...
  2. inexplorata

Any one installing these?

Hey jimbo; I think you're spot-on considering how cheap NG is, and payback times getting longer and longer. I'd think though that given the huge amount of solar equipment on the used market -- and the way you see more do-it-yourselfers in a down economy anyhow -- there are going to be a lot of...
  3. inexplorata

Replacing roof, thinking ahead...

...So we had a hailstorm, roof is getting replaced. I'm thinking ahead to my not-dead-yet-but-could-go-any-time water heater replacement. Of course I haven't picked out a model yet, but I want to cover my bases... I'm thinking of having the roofers put in a vent while it's all apart, in case...
  4. inexplorata

Double vanity, one gassy sink

Just posting to say you boys were absolutely right, I went more serious on the chemicals to clean the overflow again, and the smell has gone for good this time. :)
  5. inexplorata

I tried cleaning out the overflow, sorry if I wasn't clear. Since only one sink stunk, that led me first to cleaning the overflow, as well as taking apart that trap to see what was built up there. Sadly, both are now clean-as-new, and the problem remains.
  6. inexplorata

Thanks, I tried that. It seemed odd only one sink would burp gas?
  7. inexplorata

I appear to be the victim of a previous owner's remodel. The right sink on a double vanity isn't vented correctly, I think. When I get my nose down in there it stinks, only when the water is running/has just run. The left sink, no problem. I'm fearful of what I'll find if I go through the...
  8. inexplorata

Drop in tub help needed

Wrap that sucker with as much insulation as you can. I just put one in and left one side uninsulated so I could check for leaks after a few baths... you could really tell which side it was.
  9. inexplorata

Hot water heater, sometimes not so much

So. :D Bought this house last year and inherited a probably 10 year-old gas tank water heater. It's been chugging along fine. No problems to speak of for nearly a year here, although did notice once or twice a less hot shower than I'd like, but neatly blamed it on the wife and went to bed...
  10. inexplorata

Hot/cold mixing tee

Probably stupid question, but I'll look forward to stupid answers. :p Sweating hot and cold for a roman tub; I'm running it so the handles are on one side and the spigot on the other (center drain soaker), the idea being less bending over the tub. The PF valve set included this dandy...
  11. inexplorata

Sealing the tub deck

So I've finished building the platform for a drop-in fiberglass roman tub, and I'm wondering what you guys would do next. The Executive Design Committee said she wants the top and front to be finished with this dark wood lock-n-fold flooring she found on sale somewhere. So before I start...
  12. inexplorata

Is my thinking right on this upstairs washing machine?

Just sort of a check for understanding. :p When we were first looking at this 1960's tri-level, one of the first things I noticed was the washer/dryer on the top floor. Interesting. Well, I figured, it's convenient and there is the slight possibility it was done right. So this week I...
  13. inexplorata

Sliding glass door giving me fits

Well, I solved the problem without finding a solution, which is a success story in my book. I downloaded every install sheet for sliding glass doors I could find until I found one that resembled mine -- which turned out to be a one-piece job for remodels. The reason there was no way to take...
  14. inexplorata

Man, I stared at it for awhile again. I can't see anything that even remotely looks like a bracket. Or anything I can unscrew. :confused:
  15. inexplorata

Ha! I like your thinking. :) Sadly, the door has the same markings as a Mexican-made faucet -- nada. I have no idea what brand it might be.
  16. inexplorata

So I'm installing a new soaker tub in the house, which means getting the thing inside. :) It's wide and deep, and won't make it through the front door by several inches, even with a hearty tilt. The only place it's coming in is through the vinyl sliding glass door, and then only if I can get...
  17. inexplorata

Tub overflow need to be straight?

I figured a sanitary wye and a 1/8th bend, or a combo, depending on how much wiggle I need. I had another thought: what about wrapping that overflow all the way around (with a little drop along the way) and coming down on the other side of the tub? Then I'd be pretty much in line and could...
  18. inexplorata

2008 ..... Pig Slop Award.....

This is a fantastic thread. :) ...Dad and grandpa were plumbers, and I did a little with them growing up. I remember my dad's comment on a "creative" drain vent assembly (several 45s adding up "correctly"): "Well, the water's gonna get dizzy."
  19. inexplorata

Tub overflow need to be straight?

Hey all, I've been reading this forum like crazy, tons of good stuff here. I'm dropping in a new deck-mount tub upstairs, and I picked up a groovy cable-driven overflow/stopper dealie. The tub is deep -- 33 inches from drain to lip -- and it's a center drain I've got nearly filling the far...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks