Search results

1. Clem

any incentives to upgrade hvac system?

You may want to wait until after 1/1/06. http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=products.pr_tax_credits#1
  2. Clem

Shower drain help

Thanks for your input hj. I have determined that the flange is cracked and that is where it is leaking. It would seem then that pulling the shower out is my only option. I certainly will do what it takes however a friend of mine sent me the following info and link. Would certainly welcome...
  3. Clem

Shower drain help

Thanks plumber1.
  4. Clem

Shower drain help

I should have said earlier but I have already tested it so I am sure it is the drain.
  5. Clem

Shower drain help

The shower drain in my downstairs shower is leaking. I am not at all sure of how to fix this and am hoping someone here can give me idea of how to proceed. The shower is a 32" one piece fiberglass stall which sits on a concrete floor. The drain is plastic with a stainless steel grate. To me it...
  6. Clem

Water flow? How long for a branch? Also about soft copper?

Terry - thanks for the tip on the soft copper. At this point in time the 3/4PE coming from the meter to the house is not gonna change. So I guess the 3/4 will not quite give me adequate flow? :( I was hoping being downhill and close to the meter would maybe make a difference...
  7. Clem

Water flow? How long for a branch? Also about soft copper?

Hi everyone and thanks for being here. Your help is appreciated. I am replumbing my whole house which is a 1960 two story ranch about 900 sq ft each floor. City water. My house is about 35' from the meter and has 3/4" PE coming from the meter(3/4") to the house. Inside is currently 45 year...
  8. Clem

Supply line size

Thanks for your reply.
  9. Clem

Supply line size

I am in the middle of replacing my water supply line from the meter to the house. I was originally going to replace with a 3/4" line. However the meter itself only has 1/2" line running through it. Would it make any sence to attach a 3/4" line from the meter to my house if what comes before it...
  10. Clem

Sealing around polyethylene

Thank you. That makes sence. I didn't even think about it not sticking. Cement it is.
  11. Clem

Sealing around polyethylene

I have just installed a new water supply line from the meter(county water) to my house using 160 psi rated PE. The PE enters the house through my concrete wall foundation. I started to just use silcone caulk but then worried maybe it reacts with the PE somehow. What sould be used to seal around...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks