Search results

1. D'Brie

Foam block under water heater?

Same here in Whatcom Co. Washington.
  2. D'Brie

Navien 210a error code 048

Is your gas meter properly sized? Possibly the gas company needs to come out and install a larger capacity meter?
  3. D'Brie

Tankless info from consumer reports, Tankless...Bahhhhh

Up-front costs are high The tankless water heaters we tested cost $800 to $1,150, compared with $300 to $480 for the regular storage-tank types. Tankless models need electrical outlets for their fan and electronics, upgraded gas pipes, and a new ventilation system. That can bring average...
  4. D'Brie

If install cost wasn't an issue...

I live here in NW Washington too and I like to be prepared. Having a 50 gallon tank of water can be a good thing. No power = no problem but a tankless water heater can use less energy too.
  5. D'Brie

What is wrong with this bathroom

Yep, seen this many times also. Good point.
  6. D'Brie

What is wrong with this bathroom

Looks like the lone receptical is not a GFCI. More of them woild also be nice. Not to mention tripping over the Roman tub facuet when you get into the tub.
  7. D'Brie

head scratcher

...I've got one of those Whirlpool flamelock's that's 5 yrs. old.:( It's always blowing up inside of it so I wonder if the inner glass shell is busted and could be the problem.?...... Not to spend your money here but those water heaters are crap. I'd put replacing it on my "to do" list...
  8. D'Brie

Sewage in shower; no clean-out?

-- My husband just fessed up that he tossed 12 -- TWELVE -- "or so" -- flushable wipes down an upstairs toilet after the two-year-old had a bad digestive experience. This was JUST before the backup downstairs. -- I sent a pumpkin's worth of guts down the sink disposal this afternoon, a...
  9. D'Brie

+1 This is a great idea.
  10. D'Brie

All homes should have a main line cleanout, not all homes do though. Wait till the sun comes up to look further. Do you have a basement or crawlspace? If so, look for where your main line (sewer line) leaves the house for a more precise location of your clean out. Next thing to do is to have...
  11. D'Brie

Whirlpool flamelock water heaters

Tanks a lot We get a lot of work thanks to Whirlpool. :) I (installing Bradford-White, Rinnai, Navien & Noritz).
  12. D'Brie

Pex to Copper

PM to you...
  13. D'Brie

water pipe repair with sch 40 conduit

Sched 40 I asked a manufacturers rep the same question a while ago, his explanation is (paraphrase here). electrical conduit is made to not let water in and plumbing pipe is made to not let water out. It's the coatings on the PVC (outside or inside) that make the difference.
  14. D'Brie

Bathroom and Kitchen sink Dains slow and girgles

You may want to consider having your pipes snaked. Lots of junk can build up over time and (in my opinion) none of the over the shelf "Drain-O" products seem to work, not to mention it's bad for the environment and the person working on your pipes. Call a licensed plumber in your area he/she...
  15. D'Brie

Any experiences with the Bosch AE 125 (Electric) Tankless?

Oops, my bad, thank you I stand corrected (tail between legs):o
  16. D'Brie

Should I get a permit for a basement bathroom?

Permit = Yes Pay for it now or pay for it later.. permits will protect you.
  17. D'Brie

Any experiences with the Bosch AE 125 (Electric) Tankless?

Bosch = Boo The few times I have worked and helped work on Bosch tankless water heaters I have found them to be way behind the times. You may want to look into a Rinnai unit.
  18. D'Brie

1949 waste lines : any life left?

With 60 year old pipes, why not put yourself at ease and repipe DWV system with ABS pipe? One of the Journeymen plumbers I work with likes to say "it's like a bald tire, you may get 1000 miles or 10 miles out of it"
  19. D'Brie

Flat Rate or T&M?

Hey Terry, thanks for the info. I'm a second year apprentice (at age 49) loving the work (when we have it) and wanted to know what other plumbers thought. Our shop is flat rate (with a few exceptions) also for the same reasons as you mentioned. If you get up to Whatcom County sometime drop me...
  20. D'Brie

Flat Rate or T&M?

Maybe but I did not find one.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks