Search results

1. waxgroove

Check valve question

I moved into an 11 year old townhouse last year. Replaced HW, expansion tank, and PRV valve (house pressure was 100 psi). I occasionally hear a short – quick tap noise (sort of like a medium pitch chirp) in the wall from in one of the upstairs bedrooms. Looking in the attic above the...
  2. waxgroove

Supply Line Question

I recently purchased two lavatory faucets for my master bedroom. When looking at what length of supply lines I would need I noticed that this particular faucet doesn't have the flexible supply's coming from the main - as was the case of my kitchen faucet and another faucet I've done recently...
  3. waxgroove

Thought I had it licked . . .

Last summer I moved into a 10 year old townhouse. Several months ago I discovered the house pressure was about 100 psi. Had the PRV replaced. This week had the expansion tank replaced as it had filled with water. During this time I replaced the kitchen faucet. Everything was fine for...
  4. waxgroove

Replacing Thermal Expansion Tank

Is it difficult to replace a thermal expansion tank? I have some "spitting" at the kitchen faucet and when using hot water get some pipe noises - I'm thinking that it might be the thermal expansion tank - air in lines? I have a PRV (new) before the 40 gal gas HW - it is set to 60psi. The...
  5. waxgroove

Kitchen Faucet Spit

I'm on my second new Price Pfister kitchen faucet (I returned the first thinking it was defective). After initially turning on it gives me a short "spit" then its fine. It does it with cold and hot water. I've had the PRV replaced and house pressure checked at 60 psi. This is a 10 year old...
  6. waxgroove

Tub creek/noise

I have tub/shower that makes a very slight creek/noise when using. It happens only once or twice when moving towards the drain - then stops. I have looked at things, tighted the drain cover (the screw wasn't tighted all the way down) and the noise has decreased but is still there - again...
  7. waxgroove

Changing Moen Bath faucets

Hi Recently changed a moen bath faucet cartridge (1222). Cleaned everything out, used proper amount of grease, slid new cartridge in. Problem is after about a week, I'm still getting a few drips here and there. Is this normal? This shower is not used as a primary shower. So I figure...
  8. waxgroove

Pipe noises - please help

Hi I'm loosing my mind over what I think is water hammer. I hope someone can help me out. I recently moved into a 10 year old townhouse. Original water heater (Bradford White) - I believe the house has copper pipes. I'm occasionally hearing a very short, sharp, metallic type sound like two...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks