Search results

1. AcidWater

how to remove protective wire grid from around Lennox AC condenser fins ?

I was trying to find the SEER and one source said "builder's grade SEER 8-point-something. It also said that the new 410A coolant requires a taller evaporator, so might not fit into the existing furnace height, which would add the cost of replacing the furnace. It runs for a good while, which...
  2. AcidWater

Interesting, but what is the cost & installation cost of such units? If the payback time is 20 years... And if getting into the indoor sheet metal, ought to replace the 1967 gas furnace - reliable, no electronic parts to fail.
  3. AcidWater

Don't need parts or recharge, works great. Took out too many screws I think, but nothing fell apart. So I can get the screen sand blasted & powder coated. If I get brave I might lift off the whole top piece & do that too. But its pretty tight even with all the screws out. Also vacuumed out...
  4. AcidWater

My 1987 Lennox AC unit runs like a champ, never loses coolant. I had the fan shroud sand blasted and powder coated so it will last another several decades. I want to do the same thing to the ~2"x4" grid wire fence that surrounds the radiator fins. I can see that the ends are not fastened, just...
  5. AcidWater

Jet pump runs 45 min but does not pressurize system, shallow well 69'

Now that I think about it, I don't understand how the process worked. Turn on pump to use water pressure from neighbors house (connected via our outdoor hose bibs). Close the valve to isolate the pump. (did he run the pump with the valve closed ???) Open the valve Repeat. ALSO at some step in...
  6. AcidWater

Jet pump runs 45 min but does not pressurize system, shallow well 69'

On top of the pump. The well is buried 3 feet down, very thankful that the footer valve was not the problem.
  7. AcidWater

need to add wall outlet for a dishwasher - code & standards?

I could move the romex to the right & Install an outlet under the kitchen sink. I'd mount it on the left wall, I suppose. Use an outdoor type with a waterproof door. But it seems to me, that location is the place where its most likely to get sprayed by water. In the adjacent dishwasher...
  8. AcidWater

need to add wall outlet for a dishwasher - code & standards?

My Kitchen Aid dishwasher, installed in 1970, has finally bit the dust. Can't get parts. It is hard-wired to a 2-wire Romex cable coming up from below, near the front center of the recessed space under the kitchen cabinet. The new dishwashers all have a 3 prong plug & cord. Is there a...
  9. AcidWater

Is a new Square-D pressure switch pre-adjusted out of the box?

no lever. Hmm, so eventually I WILL need to drain the whole tank. Supposed to hit the 60's again this week... what a PIA. BUT I can install the new gauge at the bottom, IF I can get the old one off without breaking anything. Any hints? Its on the metal T coming out of the bottom of the tank...
  10. AcidWater

Is a new Square-D pressure switch pre-adjusted out of the box?

Hopefully it will be close to 30/50, not completely random? After I installed it, my plan to add a working pressure gage up top did not work out. In the mean time, I plan to pressurize the system until the flow out of the tap feels OK, and then adjust the cut-out to that pressure. Maybe buy...
  11. AcidWater

Pressure gage for water system - that won't fill with water?

Found it for $25... plus $14 shipping though https://www.coleparmer.com/i/wika-213-53dw-2-2-5-nsf-filled-pressure-gauge-0-100-psi-1-4-lower/6804929?pubid=EW
  12. AcidWater

My well water IS quite acidic. Had to replace all my copper piping due to pinholes, thousands in water damage when one became a real pisser behind the paneling in a corner up under the stairwell. Was wondering why the room had become somewhat damp for a couple of years previously. Walked in...
  13. AcidWater

Low yield well solution.

Why is there a 5 gal bucket in the cistern? To help keep the pipe from getting air in it? To collect pebbles?
  14. AcidWater

Got a non-google URL? G is evil & I don't allow it on my computer. Hard to find a Wika bottom mount. And these two seem identical except for price (back mount) online: WIKA 9318178 WIKA 9767215 Industrial Pressure Gauge, Liquid/Refillable, Copper Alloy Wetted Parts, 2-1/2" Dial, 0-100 psi...
  15. AcidWater

It might not be exactly 1/8... maybe closer to 1/4" OD ? Maybe x/32" ? What is the standard ID for a barb on a 1/2" fitting?
  16. AcidWater

need to fix site security certificate or site cannot be accessed

I'm using an old browser & I can override the "don't go there - bad site certificate" warning. But newer browsers are part of the Nanny State & people won't be able to get to the site at all
  17. AcidWater

Correct 1/8" (?) tube between pump and pressure switch?

That's a good idea, it gets clogged IN the impeller "bull." I guess the "bull" is 1/2 NPT or National Fine... have to check a spare barb fitting, if I can find it... I could put a new gage on without having to drain everything to replace the broken on at the bottom of the pressure tank. Now I...
  18. AcidWater

That's what I want to do. So polyethelene tubing, what size ID / OD to fit over the barb on the 1/2" brass fitting? Dunno if its specified by ID or OD ?
  19. AcidWater

Cannot find the proper tubing. Searching for water pump pressure switch tubing gets all types of tubing, and no info on if it the correct type that will expand a bit when heated & then shrink on the barb. The tubing I have needs a razor knife to cut off the barb & I'm afraid of nicking the...
  20. AcidWater

But air is more compressable - won't that delay the switch operation, so the effective range between lo & hi is larger? Not sure if I like the switch down low where it can get damaged easier.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks