Search results

1. hickster

Low producing well, need storage tank info

I'm helping out a friend with a low producing well. His wife has finally said she has had enough. She wants water. The well has approx. 150 gal. in casing at static. I put a dole 2 gpm in his piping and well stills pumps dry. I suggested he might put in a storage tank. The problem is I...
  2. hickster

2 inch deep well jet

I recently was asked to help an old friend with his well. It is a 2" driven point with a 3/4 jet on the surface. We pulled the guts and found what appeared to be a packer assembly that fit down the 2" pipe. It was set down to 16' the water table is at 14' this appears to be a deep well jet...
  3. hickster

Sandy Well "which pump"

Just got a phone call from a person who has a 1 hp 3 wire sub. He states that he has been lifting the pump in his well for the last 20 years due to sand. He has it set at 130 feet. He explained to me at this depth he was repacing a pump basically every year. Once he installed the 1 hp pump he...
  4. hickster

Blowing well

Has anyone ever heard of or seen a blowing (not flowing) well? I can't seem to figure out what could cause this. This well should be in a sandstone formation covered with 100+ feet of clay. When my friend told me about this I thought he was hitting the bottle a little. No one in this area...
  5. hickster

Does well cap need vent?

I'm installing a sanitary well seal on a new well with a yard hydrant running down the center of it. I purchased a in the well pressure tank with a cycle stop valve. I have 2 holes in seal one for electrical and the other is where i'm placing the hydrant. I keep reading that I need the seal...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks