Search results

1. P

Installing a Wood Stove

I'm interested in keeping my oil bill down (as I'm sure most with oil heat are) by installing a wood stove. I have a contractor friend who has agreed (to the relief of my wife) to put the hole in my living room wall and help with the chimney install. My question is: does anyone know about...
  2. P

Sweating Copper - Torch

Is there a particular type of torch that anyone prefers when sweating copper joints? Any other considerations or preferences anyone has re: equipment when doing this type of job?
  3. P

Closet Flange question

Recently bought one of theseto fix a problem with the flange being too far below the floor - just about 1/3 of an inch or so... but I don't want to have to do this job again... has anyone used these before? I want to be able to just remove the screws from the existing flange - pop this thing...
  4. P

My new toilet job leaks

So I'm going to use a bigger wax ring now - and I got a flange piece that will fit over the original flange - it's basically just an extender piece. Do you just take the screws out of the flange and then screw the new flange extender over it? Do you do any caulking in between the new pieces...
  5. P

My new toilet job leaks

I'm brand new to the board - and I'm a DIY guy ... I generally just do very small jobs for friends and family. I have some building maint. experience but am not a plumber (persay). My Mom's toilet was "leaking from the base" so I thought immediately: new wax ring. She has some type of low...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks