Search results

1. TheElectricalGuru

Baseboard heater/wiring question

Hopefully you will also address the fact this NM Cable has no connector as it enters the heater. It also looks like the NM Cable is damaged as well.
  2. TheElectricalGuru

Recessed light over shower

Well the sad fact is and I quote " You can't Fix Stupid " so no matter how NO BRAINER we make it someone will STILL screw it up and thus nothing can be made idiot proof.....we can only work to make it USER friendly.:eek:
  3. TheElectricalGuru

jar546 - we all struggle with that but in the end if only 1 percent learn something then we have...

jar546 - we all struggle with that but in the end if only 1 percent learn something then we have made a difference.....
  4. TheElectricalGuru

Humming Dimmers

I could not resist......what song are they exactly humming? Anyway.....check the dimmers, verify the wattage allowance of the dimmers and if they are designed for the application you are using them for. ( ie: floures and so on )
  5. TheElectricalGuru

Questions for the Electrical Guru

ahh..now see I get that all the time so I am not gonna help....its all your's fella....lol But I fall in the 75A column if SE and if USE the 90A column. however I hope that if it is USE it does not extend into the dwelling because USE can't be run for interior applications. As for the...
  6. TheElectricalGuru

Questions for the Electrical Guru

Now see.....the BOLD underlined verbiage above worries me more than the DIYer itself.....
  7. TheElectricalGuru

Code Question: MC cable touching copper water pipe in ceiling. Problem?

Interesting considering I have also inspected nearly 5,000+ homes as a Home Inspector and countless numbers as a municipal inspector and have never run into the problem. You simply can't fix stupid and the things people do which I see on a daily basis. However, I am not concerned about a piece...
  8. TheElectricalGuru

Jar, May I ask what problem it will cause if it did touch? Considering the galvonic reaction usually takes a catalyst to happen I guess I would be interested in knowing what you think would happen in a closed ceiling and a MC touching the pipe? Not being a SmartA$$...just wanted your...
  9. TheElectricalGuru

lol....man I get a chuckle when I read some of these posts...lol..... NO it is not a violation of the NEC, and what I think someone was trying to make reference too was 110.14 in regards to dissimilar metals....BUT since we are not talking about terminations.....who cares....110.14 would not...
  10. TheElectricalGuru

interesting GFCI issue...

Also.....you need to add.....DO NOT have the temptation to use the BARE equipment grounding conductor for ANYTHING other than it's intended purpose....bonding to facilitate the operation of the Overcurrent Protection Devices.............So with that said you will need to install a new 12-2...
  11. TheElectricalGuru

Hot tub question

I agree.......he is old...thehehehehehe:eek: Yikes....lol....you know I love ya big guy :)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks