Search results

1. S

Heating System

Thanks for the replies. I spoke to my propane supplier - they suggested a Thermopride MDA1-100 system with manually adjusted vent valves. Is that a good system?
  2. S

Heating System

I am not sure if this is the right forum, but anyway - I am building a house that I will be using only during the weekends, maybe once or twice per month. I may move in there eventually after a few years. The house is in Maine and it gets very cold in the winter. I will have a propane tank...
  3. S

Need advice on a new installation

I already got the pump, so it's too late to get another one. I will be off-grid, but will have a fairly large battery system and a generator. The batteries will have 25 kW of useable power, so the generator will run only once every day (or every other day) to charge the batteries. All power will...
  4. S

Very good explanation - thanks! One other question - is the SCV valve going to interfere with the draining of all the water when I "winterize" the house for the winter? Also, being off-grid I am concerned about the electrical consumption - is the valve going to increase the electrical...
  5. S

Thanks again for all the replies. I just ordered the CSV1Z. I am going to have the pre-charge tank pressure at 28 psi, the pump cut in/cut out at 30/50 psi and the pressure for CSV1Z at 40 psi. (Tank has 15 gal draw down, pump will pump between 4.4 and 8 gpm depending on well water level)...
  6. S

Thanks for all the information. I may order the CSV tomorrow. I am still curious - if the pump cannot keep up with the demand what happens when the pressure drops below 30 psi? This is assuming the pump cut in/out pressures are set at 30/50, and the pressure tank is set at 28 psi. Once the...
  7. S

Thanks for the reply. The well is 6", so it stores a gallon and a half per foot. I figured I'd have more than 300 gallons of water storage in the well, so that should be ok. I had to get a soft-start pump (off grid application), so that's why we picked that specific pump with my plumber. I am...
  8. S

Here’s my situation – new house and well. The well is 300ft deep and the water is at 60 ft below the ground level, so I have about 360 gallons of storage in the well. The yield is only 1gpm. Two and half baths, washer, washing machine, etc. Also I am off the grid, running on a generator and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks