Search results

1. snuffbox

Used water softener has a LOT of iron in the resin

I did the sucking out of the gallon pail thing and it still did not work. It looks a little better, but still smells a little like iron out, so I am going to to another regen cycle. I am thinking this softener is ready for the pasture. The local plumbing company quoted me 300 Cdn (250 US) for...
  2. snuffbox

Quick Review: Am. Std. Dual Flush and Rona Dual zfl.

I just spent $9500.00 on a high efficiency furnace, new a/c, and and a power vented gas water heater. In my mind, only $150.00 (after rebates) for a toilet that cuts water usage by 65%, and flushes better than the old 18 year old toilets is a great investment! As far as my "5 year" remark...
  3. snuffbox

Thanks for your comments. I had a hard time finding Toto up here, and when I did, I had trouble believing that some plumbers should charge 500.00 (uninstalled) for a toilet that is listed as 330.00 in the USA. I am a DIY'er and if I am only out 150.00 on a toilet that I can get 5 - 8 years...
  4. snuffbox

I am applying for a water savings grant and am redoing all three bathrooms, but the first thing I did was install three toilets. 1.) Rona (Canada) Dual Flush Toilet. Rona is a big box store in Canada, a competitor to Home Depot and other. I believe this toilet is made by Foremost. It appears...
  5. snuffbox

Brine tank hose diameters make women upset...

Essentially we are saying size does matter... :)
  6. snuffbox

Brine tank hose diameters make women upset...

I am trying to be a hillbilly and make parts from different manufacturers match up, and what I thought would be very simple, swapping brine tanks, has me confounded. The Culligan tank has a smaller diameter hose, and have a proprietary plastic compression nut fittings and it seems to fit nothing...
  7. snuffbox

Thanks Gary, I will try that method, as Iron Out #1 method did not work within acceptable parameters. Method #2 tonight when the house is sleeping, then off to buy new beads, failing that...
  8. snuffbox

Thanks for looking that up! The one regen cycle is almost done so I will do a test and see if this stuff has worked, or if I need some dynamite...
  9. snuffbox

Thanks for the replies. I am in Canada and am having trouble finding iron out stuff, I did find some cleaner at home depot which is supposed to help with rust, it has sodium hydrosulfite. I will try it, try to find some rust out. If that does not work. I will find new resin beads. Thanks...
  10. snuffbox

I had a working softener in my rural house that was working OK on well water, and thought it would work great on city water in town. Well I hooked it up and the water is very rusty. It clears after a while, and then gets rusty after it sits for a while. I think I should flush the thing out and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks