Search results

1. D

Need some advice on a really old water softener

I will...if you can just tell me what a control valve is! (I'm not kidding; I know nothing about these things.)
  2. D

Need some advice on a really old water softener

Hi, everyone.... My home has this old - and I mean OLD - water softener unit. The name on the resin tank is Century (it's a dark metallic green.) The water softener must date to the 60s or 70s; I've never used it since I've been in this house. I'd like to start using a water softener...
  3. D

Need some advice on replacing a "shower kit"

Thank you for the advice. Of course, you're right, but my problem right now is I can't kneel (surgery I'm still recovering from) and the shower is leaking now. I'm looking for an easy, inexpensive solution cause I still have to hire someone to install whatever replaces the leaking structure...
  4. D

Thank you - that was exactly the kind of thing I was looking for! And it looks about a billion percent better than the cheapie shower kits I've seen online.
  5. D

There's a bathroom in my basement that is in need of desperate help. The shower is what was a shower kit, and this probably dates to the early 70s. It's a blue gray material, round, with a white shower pan. Apparently the shower pan has cracked and the floor is constantly wet whenever my...
  6. D

Does this price seem a little high for a small kitchen?

You're right on almost all counts. He is a young guy, has a partner who is another young guy, and it looks like they're trying to start their own business after having worked for other contractors. In my neck of the woods I think a lot of guys who had a ton of work even six months ago are...
  7. D

He actually did some other work for me, and no, he didn't ask for any money up front. In fact, I never had anyone ever ask me for money upfront, except for a licensed electrician. He came back twice, and he had me give him money upfront initially and then again for the second spate of work -...
  8. D

Yeah, and Merry Christmas to you, too. I've actually been running around, getting quotes on a bunch of work my house needs done, trying to stretch the few dollars I've got, and trying to balance my desires with what's necessary. I didn't reply because I was thinking about all the comments...
  9. D

I have a small kitchen where I want to redo the floor in ceramic tile. A guy came in and gave me a price of $600 for 90 sq. ft. (I buy the tile, mastic and grout.) He added another $50 when he realized the subfloor and vinyl tile has to come up first. So for a small kitchen floor, does $650...
  10. D

Need suggestions on replacement toilet

Update - and a thank you! THANK you for the advice. I ordered the Toto toilet that Terry suggested, and had a good plumber install it. It is WONDERFUL! Works perfectly, and has an amazing flush (it's funny the things that make me happy these days...!) I like it so much i'm going to replace...
  11. D

I live in central NJ. I'm not aware of my water company ever having any promotions on anything! it'd sure be news to me!
  12. D

Thank you both for the Toto suggestion. What is the average price of such a toilet, if you know offhand. To Steve: the bathroom I'm putting this in is small; there's just not enough room for the elongated bowl (when the bathroom is really small, every inch counts!) Thank you both again for...
  13. D

I'm a total newbie with all this stuff, and I would love to get some advice on a good brand/model of replacement toilet. My husband died, and now this stuff is all in my domain. I have no demands of it (except that it FLUSH and not have any weird quirks) EXCEPT that the toilet be the 'comfort...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks