Search results

1. bbsux

in shower tankless water heater

I am very dis-heartened by the amount of tankless "bashing" that seems to go on here. People need to understand that Tankless is NOT good for every situation just like a standard tank heater is also NOT good for every situation. CASE IN POINT: I am a bachelor. I DON'T COOK. I DON'T TAKE...
  2. bbsux

Pressure Pump for rainwater/toilet system...

I am thinking of setting up a rain water system to be used for toilet water. I'll have the tanks in my basement and have them go thru several filters. I also will have it setup to make up with line water if the tank is too low in the basement. Can I use a system similar to a well pressure...
  3. bbsux

how to connect cast iron to pvc in a vertical run

I have a vertical section of 4" cast in my house that needs replaced. We pulled out the cast with the breaker and there was no option to keep the old hub (due to the builders lack of planning). We have used a couple different of fernco no hub straps (we have used the proflex and the 1056 4" to...
  4. bbsux

Old cast iron DWV problems

I am doing some work in my 1910ish house in its second floor bathroom. I currently has a Cast iron DWV pipe that is probably 4 inch or bigger. the problem is that while the house is settling -- the DWV is not. Luckily its settling straight down. So on the second floor where the vent has a...
  5. bbsux

Old house wiring...

My house was built around 1910 (had old single wires running through joists with porcelain tubes), then in 1950's or 1960's they remodeled the house to a duplex and changed Most (not all, more on that later) to a early kind of ROMEX® (weaved cloth wrapped silver color with two plastic sheathed...
  6. bbsux

Old house with old air ducts...

I have a 2 story house built around 1910 that was changed to a duplex sometime in the 1960's or 1950's. The furnace is a unit that was put it in the 1970's and uses new(er) flat and round ducts. However some of the returns are not even ducts. They put a flat metal sheet across 2 joists and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks