Search results

1. Chrisexv6

New acrylic airtub installation, where to put ledger?

All set, the tub is in! Thanks again. One last question - installing the drain basket...use putty or silicone? Its an acrylic tub, manufacturer says silicone works better but Ive seen pros and cons of both. Is it just a preference thing? Thanks.
  2. Chrisexv6

Thanks again, almost there! Tub is ready to be set in, will do it tomorrow morning. One last question - for simplicity sake, I only used a ledger on the back wall. Will that suffice? Or should I use them on the end walls as well? One of the end walls I can only get a board about half the...
  3. Chrisexv6

With feet on the bottom of the tub I wasn't sure if the ledger was there for support. The installation manual doesn't even show installing a ledger, and tech support confirmed I can "if I want to". The few tubs I've installed myself never had feet on them, so the ledger was the only thing...
  4. Chrisexv6

Thanks again! I know the floor is out of level...not a whole lot, but definitely requires that the tub be levelled some other way If using a mortar bed for levelling and overall feel purposes (I dont like how acrylic tubs flex), should I not even bother with a ledger? The tub deck is so small...
  5. Chrisexv6

The tub has integrated feet on the bottom. Is a ledger required at that point? I plan on using a mortar bed as well. I will measure the lip with the tub in the open... My only worry was that the floor isn't level so it would throw of the against the wall measurement but it should be a good...
  6. Chrisexv6

Installing a Bain Ultra Citt soaker/airbath. Their tech support said a ledger isnt required but I can put one if I want (and, I want!) Because of the molding, etc, the underside of the deck is pretty rough. Im having trouble figuring out just where to screw the ledger to the surrounding...
  7. Chrisexv6

Tub and shower valve/trim recommendations

Currently remodelling our 2nd full bath. We have a relatively new Delta rough in valve and trim set, but the wife wants something more modern looking. Im not quite sure Delta has a trim kit in the look she is going for, so Im open to looking at different brands and replacing the valve as well...
  8. Chrisexv6

Delta shower slowly goes from hot to lukewarm

Delta Monitor 17 series with R1000 rough in valve. As we take a shower, the first 10 minutes or so are fine. After that, you slowly need to turn the temp control to the hot side to maintain the temp, but then eventually even that doesnt keep up anymore. I initially thought it was a problem...
  9. Chrisexv6

Mini Disaster in Scarsdale, NY

Im getting a new roof put on in a couple weeks (unrelated to the storm, although we did lose a few flaps of shingles) My house isnt 1700s, but I did ask the roofer about spray foam insulation for our cathedral ceiling....I wanted him to remove all of the roof decking and then have it spray...
  10. Chrisexv6

My plumber is wigged out by my Aquia II toilet, and now so am I!

Its funny, when I had to install my Soiree, I said I would give myself plenty of time to do it (water needed to be turned off so I could replace the valve too, with 2 kids and a wife you dont want the water turned off longer than necessary!) After all was said and done, installing the Unifit...
  11. Chrisexv6

Appropriate Backing for Shower

You can still use Kerdi on a tub enclosure like that if you want to, their manual outlines how (basically bring the drywall within 1/4" of the tub lip then fill the gap with mortar or caulk before installing the Kerdi). I was weary of it at first as well, but once the Kerdi was installed you...
  12. Chrisexv6

Appropriate Backing for Shower

I did the same last year during a bathroom remodel. One of the walls was an exterior wall.......I removed the 40 yr old spun wool insulation and used Kraft faced fiberglass, then put up drywall. The Kraft is your vapor barrier (make sure you staple it to the studs) I actually paid a tile...
  13. Chrisexv6

Americast Tub Question/Worries

I read somewhere the reason they say no mortar is that the curing of the mortar may cause the resin layers to delaminate from the metal layers. Not sure if its the heat during cure, if the mortar will dry out anything in the resin, etc. I for one used a mortar layer under my Americast tub BUT...
  14. Chrisexv6

Threaded Tub Spout Nipple

Did you add teflon tape and/or pipe dope to the threads? Once tightened down Ive never had a pipe nipple leak if teflon and/or dope were correctly applied. I like your pipe cap idea, I usually just use pliers on the flat spot of the nipple itself, but the cap probably lets you get it even tighter.
  15. Chrisexv6

Drywall Mud - What type?

I would go with the regular stuff, then thin it down with water when necessary (thin it by putting a glop of it on your taping knife and drizzle some water over it, then mix) Ive had good luck with that method for finish coats and initial taping........the thinner stuff works better in those...
  16. Chrisexv6

Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

What kind of toilet is the new one? I know some people say a Toto with Unifit makes a dripping noise while its refilling/shortly after. Oddly enough I cant hear any such drip on my new Soiree.
  17. Chrisexv6

Need help with toilet install

Around here Lowes sells some composite shims in the door/windows section. Grab a pack of those and use them to shim under the toilet once its down. Snap them off then run a bead of caulk around the base of the toilet....Polyseamseal comes well recommended around here for caulking the toilet to...
  18. Chrisexv6

Sanigloss and in-tank or "flushable" cleaners....

You're correct....I called it in-tank because it resides there, but apparently only adds chemicals to the water being added to the bowl Either way it looks like the flushables will still work, Ill stick with them.
  19. Chrisexv6

Excellent, thanks for the info. Those flushable wipe things sure are handy! Would hate to not be able to use them.
  20. Chrisexv6

Now that our Soiree is up and running, I have a question about the sanigloss coating....there are a few warnings about not using harsh chemicals to clean the bowl so as not to damage the coating. My question is whats considered harsh? We've been using the flushable Scrubbing Bubbles cleaners...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks