Search results

1. RemodelBob

Kitchen Sink -- disposal hookup, drain miscalculation

and here is the clearance behind the disposal with the 2" 90.
  2. RemodelBob

based on your feedback I came up with this mockup. let me know what you think. 2" 90 2" - 1.5" bushing 1.5" section of pipe 1.5" Y off to AAV 1.5" 90 to trap adapter (currently have a street 90, but thinking about using a long sweep) The first picture shows what the ABS looks like. The...
  3. RemodelBob

Thank you. I will mock that up tonight.
  4. RemodelBob

What is the problem with 2"? Everything I have read says that oversize pipe is better. Some places have even said that oversized pipe can eliminate the need for a vent. Since there was no practical way install a vent, I opted for oversize pipe and an AAV. I could understand smaller pipe...
  5. RemodelBob

when you say "before the p-trap" do you mean between the p-trap and the wall? I think that is what I have. I just put the AAV off to the far right because I wanted to get it as high as possible (with room to remove and replace if needed). I would hook it up just like your drawing, but the...
  6. RemodelBob

HJ, how would you hook it up? This was my mock up and I was looking for advice because I didn't like how complicated it came out. I could have simplified down to one Y and have both sinks share one p-trap, but those dual sink diverters look to constrict the flow a lot.
  7. RemodelBob

The ABS is to be glued together and the PVC is your standard slip coupling p-trap setup. They are mechanically fastened, so it is fine.
  8. RemodelBob

AAVs are allowed--it is a little tough to put a vent line in after the sheetrock and cabinets are installed.
  9. RemodelBob

When I roughed in my kitchen, I placed my 2" drain stub out where I thought would be close to the edge of the cabinet making it easy to install my p-trap and disposal. As it turns out, the wife wants the disposal on the left side, which is just about right in front of my stub out. If I moved...
  10. RemodelBob

Plumber Supply recommendations?

I have a keller and ferguson account and even with my discount the prices are significantly higher than the big box stores. For example I picked up a 1.5" abs y for $1.86 at HD where my ferguson price was $2.89 (and that is with a 62% discount off list). Both were domestic products. HD is a...
  11. RemodelBob

kohler k-438-k versus k-300-k -- diverter?

I pulled the wall and capped it. At least now I can rest in peace.
  12. RemodelBob

kohler k-438-k versus k-300-k -- diverter?

I made a mistake and bought and installed a k-438-k tub valve instead of a k-300-k. the k-438-k works fine, it just costs a lot more and has a diverter that I am not using. My question is should I cap off the diverter? It doesn't leak and the instructions show it has a check valve...
  13. RemodelBob

Installing Americast Tub with styrofoam bottom

Well several hours later and a lot of head scratching it is in there as good as it is going to get. I will never buy a steel tub again. My floor wasn't perfectly flat. There was a little bit of a hump in the middle. The stringer was perfect. However, the floor must have rubbed off on the...
  14. RemodelBob

Is there some trick to getting the tub out that I don't know about? If there is maybe I can pursue the new tub option again, not sure the tile guy is going to like me very much.
  15. RemodelBob

We considered a new tub, but there is no way to get it out. It is lodged in with the drywall. We have about four million other things going on in the house and we just need to finish so we can move in. We are several months behind schedule. We are reaching critical mass living in a small...
  16. RemodelBob

Yes the instructions are clear, almost a little too clear--I laughed the first time I saw them. Only problem is that they don't talk about any of the edge cases. Like how much you can actually shim or what you should shim with. So lots of big shims in the front it is. I love old houses...
  17. RemodelBob

Don't know what happened with the link. The tub is an American Standard Mackinzie It is a steel tub. I thought the shop that sold it said americast because it was like cast iron but much lighter. Product Detail: · Porcelain on steel construction · Conventional installation ·...
  18. RemodelBob

Waste and Overflow -- cable drive or push pull

I am getting close to setting a 72"x32" soaker tub and I need to put on the waste and overflow for it. I like the idea of the kind that you can twist that raises and lowers the stopper, but I am worried about all those moving parts in an area where there won't be access if something breaks...
  19. RemodelBob

There were no instructions in the box. The link I provided above is the link from the Mackinzie tub on the American Standard website. The tub is pretty much identical to the one in the instructions except the dimensions are wrong. My tub is 54" not 60". The tile will hide the gap for sure...
  20. RemodelBob

I have a 4'6" American Standark Mackinzie tub. The installation instructions provided are for a different model tub, but same concept (my tub is shorter in both height and width). I followed instructions. Installed stringer, but to get tub level I had to shim the front of the tub up about...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks