Search results

1. C

Buried shutoff valve at pitless adapter?

Looks for the world like a plain old 1" low-profile globe valve. Reach4, my pressure tank is a fiberglass diaphragm unit.
  2. C

It's occurred to me that this might be some sort of combination check/shutoff valve. It does resemble a check valve, but with a valve stem and handle. Did they make such a beast 35 years ago? I suppose there's no harm in putting in a plain old check valve in its place, is there?
  3. C

I recently noticed a leak at my 200' well and traced it to a rotted packing on a shutoff valve right at the wellhead coming off the pitless adapter. The whole affair is buried about 2' down. I tightened down the packing nut a bit and the leak's down to a tiny trickle, but I've got to tend to...
  4. C

Well casing ground wire connection

It's worse than you state. The voltage between the third wire and either side of the line is only 120v. That would require less than a 4 ohm resistance to trip a 30 amp breaker--and it could likely trip only one side. I'm not comfortable with the numbers on this for shock or fire protection...
  5. C

Hmm, I just checked NEC; code stipulates a maximum of 25 ohms. But your point is taken. I'd expect a well casing full of water to have lower resistance to earth than the standard grounding rod connected to the distro transformer center tap, what the setup amounts to is that things get...
  6. C

On the electrical supply to my house, I've got a 6600v single-phase feed buried along my driveway that feeds a transformer on a pad in my front yard, that supplies 120-0-120 volts to the distribution panel. The neutral (0-volt) line is grounded both by a buried copper rod at the transformer and...
  7. C

Pressure tank choices

I'm replacing a pressure tank on my home's water supply that's sourced from a deep-well submersible pump. The current old tank is a 54 gallon bladder model that I've been keeping alive by periodically adding air from my shop compressor. I'm starting to see some rust in the water, so it's finally...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks