Search results

1. Jay Mpls

Drain Line (Snake) Advice

If they can get a blade that *restores* the 4" diameter of your pipe you will be fine. I have no faith in 1/2" cable for such a job....IF it is roots. If you have a low spot in your line then the 1/2 will pass with a good set of blades on the end. Bottom line.Call another small/local sewer...
  2. Jay Mpls

vertical drain or sloped?

A good drainage system is engineered to drain at 2 ft per sec. What you need to know is 1/4 per ft. and al will be good. More pitch and you will have stoppage problems. Good luck!
  3. Jay Mpls

what tool do you use to clean smaller pipes?

Great big fan of the Ridgid K39af. No problem getting through traps and has a feeder. So even doing an overhead tub line is a neater easier job!
  4. Jay Mpls

pklease help sewage in kitchen sink .

You have some odd plumbing in that part of the world! Do you know if you have a house trap...or what it is?Start from the closest point the sewer exits the building and check any access point there.If it's caput there ya go.If not make your way back until you have narrowed down the offending...
  5. Jay Mpls

3 clogged toilets

Details...Brands of toilets...people using them...dietary habits! Something *is* up just need to wrap a brain around it. 1 toilet..ok. 3?!
  6. Jay Mpls

sewer odor frowm new tub drain

Does the tub gurgle when its drained? May be a venting issue. If it's exposed you will have your trap,then the vent and maybe next your waste pipe from the lav drain.Are your sure it is sewer gas?
  7. Jay Mpls

Gerber Viper

I've put in quite a few and have had no call backs.I like them. Good luck.
  8. Jay Mpls

Korky Toilet fill valve

I would double check your 'locked posistion'.
  9. Jay Mpls

Cast Iron Torque Set Closet Flange Install

bobcatm,sounds like your on the right track.Bottom of the flange *on* the finished floor. I've not dealt with this style of flange so I'm of little help here but please let us how it goes! Thanks.
  10. Jay Mpls

Tub drain clogged issues in a condo. Please help!!

If you are still watching this thread...the line that is plugged is a common line (Yours and the neighbors) The ass'n should handle this for you in hiring a plumber to open the drains
  11. Jay Mpls

cold water pressure in faucet slower than hot water!

Pull the supply lines loose from the faucet and see if the pressure is good there. (Get a bucket and spray them into it.) If these are good you have the above mentioned crud problem.
  12. Jay Mpls

No vents installed in barn before concrete was poured.

Pix may help.So..you have pipes up through the slab? Sink lines from the slab continue up,get a tee for a trap and go up and become venting. Shower and toilets are a different animal. Pictures if you can.
  13. Jay Mpls

manabloc woes

Longer or extended supplies from the faucet may help.I do see a standard copper pex ring.What size is this pipe?
  14. Jay Mpls

Problem sweating second joint on a fitting

It is always my luck after the house has drained down I have to outlast or outwit water from something.Kind of sounds as though you *may* hae been fighting water. Every now and again I have expansion from the water heater to contend with. On a short closed system you may have been fighting...
  15. Jay Mpls

Toilet Rough-in on Slab

I'm running with Terry on this one. Your mileage may vary! Just started the finish on a movie theater. 8 toilets in the mens all with 4" stub ups and inside the pipe flanges.Used plenty of glue and most failed a final! Had to wax the inside of the flanges to hold the final test! (Score: 1 HJ 1...
  16. Jay Mpls

burnt odor out of cold water line

Black iron on the water is a no-no!
  17. Jay Mpls

Plumbing Rough In

While you have everything ripped up is a fine time to make this old rough in nice once and for all!.....Just tiled! Awwwwww.A nice shelf over the tank will hide things then.
  18. Jay Mpls

Tree Roots Growing From Under Toilet Flange??

I'd clean out what I can of the roots and like mentioned...get a good damned weed/root killer.Copper sulfate comes to mind.Your toilet flange should sit ON TOP of the finished floor. If all that works out,your in!
  19. Jay Mpls

Danger of broken wall-hung toilets.

Installed hundreds around here. Have only had a service call for one...we did not install. I would consider any given number like your 300# is given with a fudge factor built in by the engineer. If you have carriers to install I would bid them to th 500lb carriers if there is doubt in your mind...
  20. Jay Mpls

Water Ridge faucets and Costco???

It is only a bargain until you can not fix it.Then it becomes disposable! I lean on Moens quite a bit.Let us know what you end up doing!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks