Search results

1. L

Wall mounted lavatory faucest-good,bad,ugly?

vent for wall mount faucet Thanks for the feedback so far. That's a good point that the valve should be good quality and still would be installed with some risk. I'm still thinking it over, but looking at a Kohler valve. There is a picture of it and a link to the rough in directions below...
  2. L

Wall mounted lavatory faucest-good,bad,ugly?

How do you vent the lavatory with a wall mount faucet? I'll post here and maybe revive this thread... I am considering a wall mount faucet for a new lavatory installation. The valve models I have looked at all install in the 2x4 wall cavity, leaving no room to run the vent line up to the...
  3. L

Cast Iron Drain to Sewer 90 broke... Now what?

The hole started small... My excavation was going well. With the help of a friend we uncovered the cast iron in the yard near the foundation. A lot of the earth was washed away around the pipe and pretty wet. I cut through the cast iron pipe without much trouble. At first I had a hard time...
  4. L

I'll be digging Thanks for the feedback everyone. I took another look at the pipe edge and the coupling depth, and decided its too serrated to take any chances. I'll be digging this afternoon! The pipe looks to be about 30 inches underground at the foundation. I like the advice of...
  5. L

appropriate couplings Thanks Terry. You are not too far away and surely agree today is nice enough to be digging up the yard, but it wasn't on the plan when I woke up. The pipe is a bit more exposed than the picture indicates. The cast iron looks to be in fair condition with a clean brake. So...
  6. L

Hello everyone, I've been having a lot of success with my home remodel by reading this forum, the UPC, and a few books.... until now. :) Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was removing the 4 inch cast iron drain stack with plans to replace most of it with 3 inch ABS, adapting using a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks