Search results

1. Dradam

Repair for a Shower floor

Photos attached: There seems to be a fault through my shower floor and separation of the grout along those lines. Closest to the wall I know some water accumulates under delaminating tiles. I have cleaned off the "fault" line with CLR. Hoping to find a fix with out removing the entire floor. I...
  2. Dradam

Calibrating Navien NPE240A

When my Navien NPE 2401 tankless water heater is set to 120 degrees F I get 115 degrees at my farthest fixture. Set at 125 degrees I get 120 F at my farthest fixture. It there a way to calibreate the temp on these units-- I see nothing in the Manuals. Thanks
  3. Dradam

Navien NPE240A- Navilink,Navilink App, Recirculation settings And Parameters

Navien NPE 240A— Navilink recirculation—some customer insights. I have had The Navien NPE240A for about two years now and the unit has worked flawlessly, but it has taken me a while to get my recirculation settings working and recirculation parameters dialed in. I thought I would share here...
  4. Dradam

Navien NPE 240A Parameter list.

I finally have my Navien NPE 240 A scheduling working, but I want to tweak the parameter settings to try and get the hottest water to my farthest fixture and keep it hot during the scheduled recirculation times. I want to tweak the Parameters a bit to minimize a cold water sandwich. Does anyone...
  5. Dradam

White vinegar vs a liquid descaler- does it make a difference?

While I am told that descaling my unit yearly is important, I am not sure which descaler to use. Are the store bought descalers any better or different than white vinegar alone. Thanks.
  6. Dradam

Navien 240a external recirculation settings with thermal comfort valve.

Tech support is not open yet: Just had installed a Navien 240a. Using the internal pump to set up an external re circulation line through the cold water system as return with a Grundfos comfort valve at the last fixture in the line. This seems relatively new for Navien and is in a recent...
  7. Dradam

50 year old faucet washer ?

Repurposing a 50 year old faucet. It has a special gasket/washer where the hot and cold inflows are separated. Pictures below. Does anyone know who might carry a part like this. I can not find any identifying marks on the faucet. Thanks
  8. Dradam

honeywell true steam vs april air 800 steam humidifier, vs ewc ultrazone

Looking into a steam humidier to install in a high efficiency furnace system. Considering Honeywell true steam, aprilair 800, ewc ultrazone. True steam seems simplest but seems to have a lot of problems. My water is not hard. Would appreciate any opinions based upon experience. Thank you.
  9. Dradam

Steam humidifier in a multi zoned attic with gas furnace.

I am considering a residential steam humidifier ( april air 800) to pump humidity into my hvac system that is in my unheated attic. Can't use an evaporative system there because of freezing risk. This unit heats 4 bedrooms which I am hoping to retrofit and zone individually with a...
  10. Dradam

moving a toilet-- waste line concerns UPC

Moving a toilet from one side of the bathroom to the other about 3 feet away along same wall. current configuration toilet connects to the waste stack obliquely. there is a very short distance to stack which is behind and to the right side of the closet flange. Goal is to bring 3 inch pvc...
  11. Dradam

smitty pan drain for steam shower.

I bought a steam generator for a steam shower that I am constructing. It sits in a "Smitty pan " for leakage or overflow that allows a 3/4 pvc outflow pipe. The only place I can drain this is into a nearby drain stack that the sink empties into. because pan should never have water in it I...
  12. Dradam

Steam shower Construction

I am building a steam shower an have had to sort through a lot of conflicting information on the web. I know many like kerdi or nobleseal but the inside membranes seem like extra cost, more pieces or strips to leak and more work to install (two layers of thinset). I am looking for feedback...
  13. Dradam

Inside fit closet flange 3"

My contractor left me with a 3" WC PVC rough in. The PVC pipe comes straight out of the cement slab and no space was left for an over the pipe closet flange. While inside the pipe 3" closet flanges are available people seem to discourage these because of the narrower diameter (2 11/16). I was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks