Search results

1. agattt

pack a gate valve under pressure

thank you I close or open it when I go away. It is the house main. While tightening the nut has helped it also makes it harder to open or close. Eventually I want to replace it with a lever ball valve but not eager to spend the $ right now. If I can change the packing with it off then I don't...
  2. agattt

packing Thank you for your reply. Yes, my valve looks like that. The non packing bolt is square not hexagonal. It looks like I will need to take off the handle to pull the packing bolt off enough to replace the packing. thanks.
  3. agattt

If a gate valve is shut (closed) can the packing be replaced around the stem by removing the nut around the stem while there is Pressure in the line? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks