Search results

1. Rayh78

Propane wall heater and tank rent

Been in the same house for years. Two heat pumps. But do have a fireplace with vent less propane logs. Use very little. Mainly a backup in the very rare case we lose electric. Anyway. We currently pay about $150.00 a year for tank rent because we never use the minimum amount of propane which is...
  2. Rayh78

2 wire romex

So home has older 2 wire romex no ground. Seems easiest way is to run a separate ground wire to the outlets. No holes to drill in crawlspace since existing holes can handle the one wire. Is it worth the extra work to just go ahead and drill new holes and run new romex. But then would have the...
  3. Rayh78

Westinghouse Stainless water heater lifetime

Anyone tried a Westinghouse lifetime electric water heater? Of all places, homey depot sells it online only, but free delivery to the store. The price is about 200.00 morethan what I used to use in rental property. But being stainless and no anode rod needed. It makes since these may last at...
  4. Rayh78

Cadet pro and wax less ring

So I wanted to try a wax less ring on my next install. Used Cadet Pro / 3 toilet. Tried the green sani seal and a fluidmaster brand without the spacer. Neither one would allow the toilet to sit on the floor. Thinking the problem is just the way the cadet 3 and pro are made. With these toilets...
  5. Rayh78

Problem or not?

Ok here is the story. Have a house I rent out. Tenant calls late at night during a storm and saids half here power is out. Said she tried all the breakers. So I figured she had lost one leg of the service in the storm. Told her is should come back on soon or call power company to report it. Well...
  6. Rayh78

Crouse-Hinds breaker

I need to replace a breaker in a newer style Crouse Hinds box. What brand can I use.
  7. Rayh78

Baseboard heat

Have one small rental house that still has baseboard heat. Have a problem with just one room. Replaced the thermostat but and heats up. But after I leave the breaker will trip. I will try replacing the breaker. But does anyone know if a baseboard heater can go bad and have a problem like this. I...
  8. Rayh78

Most compact toilet for a 11 1/2" RO

Small hall bath with floor blots 11 1/2" from wall. What make / Model toilet is most compact. Current one sticks out from wall 27". Is there one a little smaller. Round bowl. thanks
  9. Rayh78

Subpanel

Been in this house 20 years. Have a subpanel in the garage I never paid much attention to. Have 4 of 20 amp breakers. Two for garage, one for aircompressor and a GFI breaker for pool pump. Notice the neutrals and grounds all went to the same bar. So I picked up a ground bar to add to the...
  10. Rayh78

14" ri toto

Need a 14" RI toliet. Really don't care for the skirt around the TOTO but all the other brands seem to stick out more from the wall because of the 14" and just have a different tank. What would you say is the cheapest 14" TOTO, or best bang for the buck? Seems to be a few models to choose...
  11. Rayh78

Does this make sense?

What seer do I have now? Gas furnace. Had to replace ac unit last year. Went with a A coil new lines for 410a and then outdoor unit a heat pump. To just run in ac mode for now. Was not that much more for the option to later switch to a heat pump. Not interested in dual fuel for now. A Rheem 2...
  12. Rayh78

Breaker tripping

Have a rental property. Tenants complained about a breaker tripping once or twice a day. Breaker feeds living room and ceiling light. When this happens the light is not on and only two outlets in use. Floor fan and then TV and stereo. Anyway I went over and replaced the breaker and both...
  13. Rayh78

Blue water pipe?

1950 built house. At sometime sewer and water line replaced both in same trench. Sewer is ABS. Water line is some type of blue poloy pipe. Was is it? A light color blue and not like the old blue/grey quest pipe. Was connect with a barb fitting and hose clamp just like I have seen with the...
  14. Rayh78

Using 1" Viega PEX

Used ½ and ¾ PEX for years and never a problem. Use with crimp rings. Recently bought a used 1” crimper tool. Am Using viega brand pipe and rings. Anyways I seem to have a hard time making a normal crimp. 50% of the time the ring is at an angle after the crimp. Rings do seem to have a little...
  15. Rayh78

Strange ceiling fan

Simple enough to just replace the whole ceiling fan but is there an easier fix? Pull the chain for high goes in one direction. Pull again for medium slowes down and then goes in the other direction. Does not make any sense to me. Copacitor? Switch? or replace a 5 year old fan Any...
  16. Rayh78

Well pump mounting question

Is this normal? Have a well at a rental property. Works great and water clear. Has a submersible pump. But concrete cover does not sit tight because it rest on a ½†pipe. So a ½†gap all around. Is this normal? If you remove the cover there is about 30†of ½†galvanized pipe...
  17. Rayh78

Electric problem?

Could not find a problem. This is in a rental I own. Has a 3 light fixture above sink. Switch and light maybe 12 years old. Tenant turned on light all 3 bulbs blew with black spots on the bulb, and there was a pop at the switch. What could cause this. When I got there I installed 3 new bulbs...
  18. Rayh78

Driveway sealer

Anybody with any opions on this new driveway sealer? Cant find ant review on it. Black Jack® 6455 Ultra-Maxx 1000 Thanks
  19. Rayh78

AC thermostat ??

Have a rental property been working on that now vacant. Janitrol 2 ton heat pump about 6 years old. Noticed I would temp at 84 when I left at night. Following morning I get there and the actaul temp reads 77. Look like a cheap no name thermstat so replaced with a used Honeywell that worked...
  20. Rayh78

Water Heater thermostat problem.

This question is actually for a friend of mine. His wife complained no hot water at all. He gets home and checks. Not voltage to top element but continuity good. Bottom element continuity good but it has voltage to the element. So how can he not have at least some hot water and I thought the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks