Search results

1. Rayh78

Propane wall heater and tank rent

Been in the same house for years. Two heat pumps. But do have a fireplace with vent less propane logs. Use very little. Mainly a backup in the very rare case we lose electric. Anyway. We currently pay about $150.00 a year for tank rent because we never use the minimum amount of propane which is...
  2. Rayh78

2 wire romex

That was exactly what I was considering. There is room to get a single green insulated 12g wire to force up thru the hole. But would have to drill holes to run one or two new 12-2 romex cables up to box. And then would look sloppy with just haveing to cut off the old romex below the floor. Also...
  3. Rayh78

2 wire romex

Yes, that is really my question. If it would meet code. So the ground wire cannot be separate from the romex.
  4. Rayh78

2 wire romex

So home has older 2 wire romex no ground. Seems easiest way is to run a separate ground wire to the outlets. No holes to drill in crawlspace since existing holes can handle the one wire. Is it worth the extra work to just go ahead and drill new holes and run new romex. But then would have the...
  5. Rayh78

Soda Can in Pipes

Cant get a plumber to. Is there a name on the toilet. Should be easy to get the manf. to fax you a letter that a soda can cant go down any of their toilets
  6. Rayh78

Great Lakes Scientist says, “If We Lose The EPA, We Lose Lake Erie”

Stuff, Think there is a lot of fake news. Less regulation does not mean water and air testing will end. These are very common and easy to do test. That people will still do even if you read some fake news they will become illegal to do. Never going to happen. There is such a thing as over...
  7. Rayh78

Please help business tub faucet issue!

Why not just update it using something like this. Lasco 31657SN remodel plate, Roto Zip tool to cut out
  8. Rayh78

Wax Versus Non-Wax Toilet Seals

I still could never figure this out. I decided to try them out. New AS cadet 3 toilet on a PVC flange that sit on top of the floor. Could not get any of the three to work. They were just too thick. Tried a Saniseal, Fluidmaster (without the spacer) and a Danco, none would work. Could not push...
  9. Rayh78

PEX near electric water heater

I can understand it for a gas water heater, because of the heat from the flue. But with electric the pex is not going to get any hotter if it is 18" away.
  10. Rayh78

Cadet pro and wax less ring

Yes the flange was extra thick or high when I pulled the toilet and not when I tried to install the toilet. Actually it was one of those ABS flanges ( I hate those ) on a concrete floor. But it was bowed or warped up from the toilet bolts. One bolt had actually pulled thru. So I took my...
  11. Rayh78

Westinghouse Stainless water heater lifetime

Anyone tried a Westinghouse lifetime electric water heater? Of all places, homey depot sells it online only, but free delivery to the store. The price is about 200.00 morethan what I used to use in rental property. But being stainless and no anode rod needed. It makes since these may last at...
  12. Rayh78

Thanks, Just surprised based on my experience, they will not work if the flange sits on top of the finished floor.
  13. Rayh78

So I wanted to try a wax less ring on my next install. Used Cadet Pro / 3 toilet. Tried the green sani seal and a fluidmaster brand without the spacer. Neither one would allow the toilet to sit on the floor. Thinking the problem is just the way the cadet 3 and pro are made. With these toilets...
  14. Rayh78

Refrigerator water line - HELP!

Does sound like you were ripped off. Should be something any decent handyman can do for under $100.00.
  15. Rayh78

Dryer vent gap

Well just use Great Stuff fire block formula, but good luck if you ever have to replace the vent and pipe again. If the wall is already insulated why not just caulk a trim ring in place.
  16. Rayh78

Problem or not?

Ok here is the story. Have a house I rent out. Tenant calls late at night during a storm and saids half here power is out. Said she tried all the breakers. So I figured she had lost one leg of the service in the storm. Told her is should come back on soon or call power company to report it. Well...
  17. Rayh78

Crouse-Hinds breaker

I need to replace a breaker in a newer style Crouse Hinds box. What brand can I use.
  18. Rayh78

Baseboard heat

Will need to wait until I go back over there. But just thinking there is a small possiability that the living room heat is on the same double 20 breaker as this bedroom heat. If so that could be a problem. Do have #10 wire running to the wall thermostats but #12 comes back out to feed the...
  19. Rayh78

Baseboard heat

Have one small rental house that still has baseboard heat. Have a problem with just one room. Replaced the thermostat but and heats up. But after I leave the breaker will trip. I will try replacing the breaker. But does anyone know if a baseboard heater can go bad and have a problem like this. I...
  20. Rayh78

Sterling Vikrell Bathtub - Does The Apron Contact Subfloor And Support Weight?

You are good. I put in about 20 of them over the years and on most there can be a slight gap. If anything makes the caulk grab better. HJ is right the front apron is really too thin to be made to support the tub. But I really like the tubs and they seem to hold up well.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks