Search results

1. chigundo

Dishwasher drain hose (how bad is this?)

This is how dishwasher was hooked up since I moved here 5+ years ago, never had any issues. Drain hose developed a crack so I had to replace hose, but before putting everything back together, I want to confirm if this setup is okay.. i feel it's not. Again, haven't had any issues so I...
  2. chigundo

Old shower floor missing grout

My 1949 shower floor is missing grout, although I've never seen any signs of leakage on the ceiling below... So, couple questions. How the hell is nothing leaking with this much grout missing? Should I make an attempt to clear out the rest of the grout and give it a nice re-grouting or...
  3. chigundo

Slow utility/laundry sink

My laundry sink drain is very slow. When a large wash is done, it fills up to only an inch away from the top. I'm cheating a flood every time a wash is done. I unscrewed the trap plug and all seemed fine. I've tried drain-0 at one point but that was useless. I tried plunging and all I can...
  4. chigundo

Different types of venting?

My 1949 house seems to have two different venting setups.. is this common or even possible? The cast iron stack has a vent pipe through the roof. However, there's a couple galvanized pipes that go directly down into my basement floor with a couple things draining through those (laundry...
  5. chigundo

Bathtub shutoff?

This is what's behind the access panel in my bedroom, which is the back of the tub faucet in the bathroom. I have a leak (drip drip drip) and before I take the handles off to get a look at the compression valves, I wanted to just shut the water off locally instead of to the whole house. Does...
  6. chigundo

Old shower / compression faucet leak?

I have a shower that I think is original from 1949. Not sure if the hardware has ever been replaced. It's a two handle shower, I believe it's "compression" type. I have a leak indicated by the arrow here. Should I replace this entire faucet or can I just remove the faucet and replace the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks