Search results

1. B

Drain Pipe too high (kitchen sink) for disposal

Hi All, Just did a remodel and realized the drain pipe to the wall (unchanged) is too high. The remodel has double sink with disposal. Since the pipe to the wall is so high, it creates a static water level that backflows into the disposal. See attached photo (sorry about the blur...
  2. B

Capping off un-used vent

Sorry to not be clear (new poster). The sink was to a wet bar in the living room. We are open the wall to the LR so we want to remove the (now unused) drain pipe. So down to the basement / waste line connect is easy. But the pipe to the roof is the one I want to cap or remove. Thanks!
  3. B

Capping off un-used vent

If I cap it and it rains, the water would go into the pipe then cap instead of flowing down to the drain. So main concern is water build up and stagnation, etc. I guess I could cap it at the roof (outside) as well? Since its ABS into the attic I need to check what it is going to the roof...
  4. B

Capping off un-used vent

2" ABS into the attic. Have not crawled the attic yet to see if it changes up there.
  5. B

Capping off un-used vent

We have a sink we disconnected and want to remove the vent stack. Its the only item connected to the line, that is drain goes down to basement and vent up to attic directly. I do not want to remove the roof pipe to avoid having a hole in the roof. Is it best to cap it off in the attic or to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks