Search results

1. Driz

What to Fix This Gap Too Big Situation With RO Faucet.

too bad I didn’t measure it prior, I’ll kick myself later. It was hoping for one of those “ oh don’t you know they make these” kind of answers. Boy lately it seems standard doesn’t exist anymore and the Chinese crap, like this, fits worse than ever. I’ll finish yanking the whole thing...
  2. Driz

What to Fix This Gap Too Big Situation With RO Faucet.

I got this faucet to replace old faithful. The base as you can see is just enough undersize to allow that wobble. It’s not going away by careful positioning and I’ve yet to figure a simple way to fix it. The best I can dream up is a 2” stainless steel washer but those aren’t available...
  3. Driz

Tired of Pellet Stove How much To Hook Hi Eff Propane Boiler To Old Hydronics

Being as I am on the infamous NYSEG New York State Electric and Gas at 17 cents/ KW electric boilers aren't the norm around here. The lucky ones are getting Nat Gas but that ain neva gonna happen out where I am.
  4. Driz

Tired of Pellet Stove How much To Hook Hi Eff Propane Boiler To Old Hydronics

Hi. I live in Northern NY out in the country. 1995 1400 SF house originally with 2 zone basic simple heating . 4 zone oil Peerless boiler throttled down to 105K. nozzle. I never was thrilled at how it worked even at a buck a gallon when it got over 3 switched it off went to pellet stove and...
  5. Driz

How Much More Pressure Will I Get To My Outside Bibs If I Bypass My Whole House Filte

Now that I think about it I have to wonder why I didn't think of that myself???? Thanks. that's an easy way tosort it out.
  6. Driz

How Much More Pressure Will I Get To My Outside Bibs If I Bypass My Whole House Filte

150' drilled well 1/2HP pump 10GPH. 60/40 switch. I have everything running through the wholehouse filter with the standard wrapped media and have for years. Lately we put in a garden further out than anything before and the pressure could be better. Someone suggested bypassing ahead of...
  7. Driz

Mouse shorted out the wire to my well switch and now I still have no pump after fix

I found it. It was 2 problems. The pressure switch got changed out since it was old, no biggie but that wasn't it. Still power going out but no pump so went out to the well head with a friend of mine and pulled the cover that was loose anyways. The wires must have abraded through and...
  8. Driz

Mouse shorted out the wire to my well switch and now I still have no pump after fix

I'll have to give it a check with a decent multimeter. I have to question though could the breaker cause the wire to short out like that and burn through? That's a new one to me but I haven't done all that many well pumps and pressure switches. As always with these damned trailers I wish...
  9. Driz

It's a standard shut off type pressure switch to a well pump mounted in a mobile home rental. I get a call from tenant that there is no water. I go over and try switch to find there is power to the pressure switch but no pump. The gauge read zero and flickered momentarily when I toggled...
  10. Driz

How not to repair your water heater

You know, if I had to plug something like this, say until next pay day and in a basement concrete floor hey why not. Just spare the stupid screws and are those tack welds?? This dude welds worse than he reasons....... The one thing I know that would have held that plate is a nice fat pad...
  11. Driz

Hot water takes long time to reach one faucet, all others ok

Hey, I sort of have the same thing going. I just pulled my sidearm off the boiler and went back to electric. I always had to knit a pair of sox waiting for a shower even though the sinks right next to it were almost instant. This time i ran a whole new line so it starts near the shower...
  12. Driz

Question On How To Adjust Velux Door/ Window Catch

No,that's not the issue though it looks like it. Actually this is a very high quality setup in many ways. That little clasp sitting in the middle is self centering over a very long distance. It's a great setup except for that little fact that it is unable to take up that slight bow...
  13. Driz

Question On How To Adjust Velux Door/ Window Catch

This is about a set of Velux doors made in 1978 on my Father in laws house in Germany. The door is a triple pain that you can open regularly as a door or as a security means will unhinge across the top and pull inwards along the top a foot or so. It's hard to describe but surely someone...
  14. Driz

Beckett Oil Bruner Leaking Oil From The Bottom Of The Plastic Case ???

This is a Miller gun furnace in a rental mobile home I have had for 25 years. Typical 65000 BTU setup in good working order which runs fine. The last couple months I started having problems with oil accumulating down in the bottom of the plastic motor housing assembly. It then drips down...
  15. Driz

Going To Toss The Sidearm And Install An Electric Tank

Oh, I didn't even know they provided instructions with electric heater. That will do for me. If there's directions I can do about anything. I just get lost on those things that are left open to interpretation, local codes ect. Thanks for the advice.
  16. Driz

Thanks for the explaination. I guess a 40 will fill the bill fine. One last thing. Any specific wiring schematics out there for one of these. I have replaced a few in my day but they were all many years between and already set up. Off hand I am assuming a 12/2 romex straight to it's...
  17. Driz

I don't use my boiler for anything but heating hot water anyways and the sidearm tank just died. While expensive here in NY State it seems to make more sense to just put in an electric tank and install it upstairs where it is warm rather than the cold basement. How many kilowatts does a...
  18. Driz

My oil Fired Weil Mc Super Cell Finally Bit The Dust.

[ An outside reset controller utilizes sensors outside and in the boiler to determine the optimum supply temperature. Running longer at lower temps (within the limits of the boiler design) mean more comfortable house and lower fuel use. Depending on the system, this may be able to be...
  19. Driz

Ok I see so please enlighten me further on the 160 degree thing. I always thought boilers had to be kept continuously hotter than that for longevity's sake? Has something changed here or am I just confused? The saga took on another wrinkle too. I mentioned this to a coworker who had...
  20. Driz

Yea, I guess I could have phrased that all better but I was thinking out loud I guess. I guess I learned something from your statement concerning the coil being the most expensive way. Why is that anyways? It would seem just the opposite from my unprofessional thought process. It is siting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks