Search results

1. gkdiamond

Need advice, elderly Mom's Hot Water Heater

The thermostat is the silver box (with the temperature control knob) on the outside of the heater. If you look at the bottom of it there are three tubes connected to it. A big tube (for gas to the burner), a medium tube (for gas to the pilot light) and a smaller copper tube. The smaller copper...
  2. gkdiamond

Water Heater and Electrolysis

Brass Nipples Thanks, I went with a braided hose that doesn't need a nipple. The water heater end of it has a long threaded brass insert that takes the place of the nipple.
  3. gkdiamond

Hot water heater question

Yes I read a review in Consumer Research and Consumer Digest but I also did a lot of other reading all over the net. Although I prefer to read my car magazines for something as complicated as an automobile I believe that they are well qualified to review something relatively simple like a water...
  4. gkdiamond

Hot water heater question

A lot of people are going to tell you that Bradford White heaters are the best but after my research I've come to the conclusion, just as Consumer Research and Consumer Digest did, that water heaters are all VERY similar and pretty much the same, including Bradford White water heaters. I believe...
  5. gkdiamond

Thanks, I had no idea flexible Anode rods are made, that will save a lot of hassel with the T&P connection as well as the exhaust vent connection. What are they made of and do they last as long? I'm was thinking that the black stuff was mineral deposit buildup caused by electrolysis but I...
  6. gkdiamond

I have a few questions? I have a gas water heater that is installed in my garage. After it was three or four years old I started noticing that a lot less water was coming from the hot water side of my faucets even if they were turned all the way on. I turned off the gas and opened up the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks