Search results

1. hlweyl

What type of shower unit?

That's an excellent idea, I have not thought of that. Currently the shower is two full walls of tile and a knee wall that connects the garden tub. I could frame a wall between the tub and shower units and relocate the valves to that wall (the other wall is on the outside wall of the house)...
  2. hlweyl

Thanks Gary, on the other side of the wall where an access panel should be is another bathroom. So to gain access to the valves, I would have to cut a hole through the ceramic tile in another bath. I know, not the ideal design, but that is one of the few complaints I have with the house...
  3. hlweyl

Hi all, My house is 7 years old now and my stand-up shower unit has had numerous leaks. The first leak was from the center drain and the rest have all come from the tile/caulk joints. I have sealed the grout and re-caulked countless times. My neighbor said he's 99% sure that the builders...
  4. hlweyl

Teflon tape, pipe dope, or both?

I soldered the copper fitting on, then applied the dope, then threaded the hose bib on. I felt like it was tight enough and any farther and I would have stripped the threads, which I've been known to do. After I installed the bib, I had one last fitting to solder and the copper coupler about...
  5. hlweyl

Teflon tape, pipe dope, or both?

Hi all, I've been searching but unable to find an answer. I connected a new outside hose-bib yesterday. All the joints I soldered are fine, but where the brass bib threads to the copper it is leaking. I only used pipe dope. Should I have used teflon tape instead, or both? Can someone...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks