Search results

1. C

Rusty water

I'm getting rusty water from an almost new water heater. (5 months old) Trying to find the cause. The water heater is gas fired with a 2 gallon expansion tank. I called State Water Heater and they suggested that I might have the wrong type of anode rod for the ph of my water. It's an aluminum...
  2. C

Gas smell from new water heater

I had the gas company come out and they didn't find any problems but he did smell the gas upon startup. He said it was probably a normal condition. So did State water heater. I'm satisfied. Thanks for the posts.
  3. C

It's definitely gas I'm smelling. I called the gas company and they are coming out to check it out. I don't think it's a flue issue since it's a powervent model and that seems to be working ok. Thanks for the posts. I'll let you know what happens.
  4. C

I have a State Select water heater with an HSI. I noticed when it fires up I can smell gas for a few seconds then it goes away. Is this normal for this type of water heater?
  5. C

water running when nothing is on

Redwood, from everything I've read I'd have to agree with you on that.
  6. C

Thanks for replying, Mac. I'll give that a shot.
  7. C

expansion tank Since the tank is installed horizontally, do I need to support it to take pressure off the fitting? If so, how is this accomplished. I received no instructions with the tanks since it was installed by the plumbing contractor and can't seem to find any information about them...
  8. C

expansion tank You were right about hack plumbers. He just put the tank in without checking the the water pressure coming into the house or the pressure in the tank. You would think a master plumber who installs water heaters for a living would have taken the time to do this. Anyway, I've...
  9. C

expansion tank I was told by State water heater that the air pressure in the tank should match the pressure coming into the house. I checked it and it is below the 50psi preset on the PRV.
  10. C

expansion tank Yes, it stops. How do I charge the tank to the correct pressure? Do I need to take somewhere to get it done or can I just use bicycle pump?
  11. C

expansion tank Just checked expansion tank pressure. I is at 54psi so I'm guessing that's fairly close to the factory preset 50psi on the PRV.
  12. C

expanstion tank Thank you for your prompt reply. I'm fairly certain that the plumber did not check the pressure in the tank or the water pressure to see if they matched. I don't own a water pressure guage so I can't check that. I just had new prv installed and it is factory preset to 50psi...
  13. C

I had new water heater installed last month along with a 2 gallon thermal expansion tank which something I didn't have before. The plumber said that the tank was required by code. Ever since the installation I've noticed that the water continues to run slowly at the meter sometimes for several...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks