Search results

1. A

Not Enough Hot Water for Jacuzzi Tub

Our home (living) is just over 3,000 sq ft. We have 3 baths (2 with shower/tubs, 1 master with separate shower and jacuzzi tub). We are on city water, we have 2 AO Smith 40 gallon electric water heaters with a Taco recirculation pump. Whenever we take showers we always have plenty of hot...
  2. A

Expansion Tank Necessary?

I've read a lot on here about PRVs and expansion tanks. I live in a new home in the Tarrant County area of Texas built in 2006 and we have two electric water heaters and a recirculation pump. From what I can tell we do not have an expansion tank. Are they necessary? The last time a plumber...
  3. A

Noise from Hot Water?

In the fall I added timers to our water heaters (2 40 gallon electric water heaters, AO Smith) and to our taco recirculation pump. The timers turning everything off at about 11 p.m. at night and turn everything back on at about 5 am in the morning. There is a check valve (believe that's what...
  4. A

Switching From Well to City Water

Hi everyone, My wife and I will be getting city water next week and will be having it plumbed into the house. Because we've been on a well, in our garage, before the water runs into the house's plumbing it first goes through a pressure tank and then filtration. I can easily bypass the...