Search results

1. Teamo

Raising water heater temp uses less water?

I have been looking at the Honeywell AMX 300 tempering valve. We are planning a major addition to the house in the future so we may end up with different mechanicals for hot water, heat, etc. Right now we have a 50 gallon electric hot water heater. If I get the tempering valve I would like to do...
  2. Teamo

Raising water heater temp uses less water?

I have a 50 gallon electric water heater. I have the element thermostats set at about 120 degrees. A friend of mine who is a plumber says that if you set the water temperature higher then it takes more cold water to mix the water down to a lower/manageable temperature thus making the hot water...
  3. Teamo

Want to add to existing Zones

Whether you can add more heads to a zone depends on the available gallons per minute and pressure for that zone. Do a gallons per minute and pressure calculation for your house and determine what you have to work with. What type of heads do you have on the system now? I don't care much for Orbit...
  4. Teamo

ceiling fan and wiring questions

That box and support is not sufficient for the fan. The good news is that you have access above and there is plenty of slack in the cables to feed them into the new box. It can also be done from below with an adjustable fan support brace but since you have access above you can center the box in...
  5. Teamo

Oh where, oh where does that circuit go?

Dishwasher disconnect?
  6. Teamo

Running 3 Wire when you Only Need 2

You can use the three wire in place of the two wire cable. Don't cut off the third wire. Just leave it long, cap it with a wire nut, and tuck it into the back of the box.
  7. Teamo

new build

Hi All, One of our computers just died (kid's computer). The power supply went and I am pretty sure that the motherboard has gone with it. A new psu didn't post so I think the board and or the cpu is gone. It is an AMD X2 4200. It has served us well so I am looking to build them a new computer...
  8. Teamo

Have sprinkler head output but need to irrigate narrow strip

Gary, I know lots of people drop a post and never return to follow it up but I still enjoy the forums. Even if they don't return I always learn something from other posters such as yourself who take the time to write them.
  9. Teamo

Have sprinkler head output but need to irrigate narrow strip

I would use rain bird 1800 series with cst nozzles. You install the heads down the center of the lawn strip and the cst's have a square watering pattern. They make various spacing for the cst's. I have used the 9's and the 15's but I'm sure they have more types. If there is concrete or other...
  10. Teamo

DIY Lawn Sprinklers

You have a lot of options to look at. There are all types of rotary heads and spray heads. I prefer the Hunter PGP rotary heads for lawn areas. For the flower beds you could use a continuous drip line. I used some Rain Bird drip line and covered about 200' of flower beds along my fence line. It...
  11. Teamo

Broke My Sprinkler System Trying to Fix it

If you want to get the box deeper you can either notch the sides of it and it will fit over the lines or you could remove the valve setup and dig the hole deeper. You would need to extend the feed to the valve manifold. As far as the boxes I would use either two large boxes or one jumbo and a...
  12. Teamo

Rain Bird drip line

Thanks for the help.
  13. Teamo

Broke My Sprinkler System Trying to Fix it

Regarding the box I was thinking of digging out the dirt and putting gravel in there (large gravel so it doesn't get stuck in the heads) which would allow drainage. Is that a bad idea? That is a good idea. Dig out around the box and pull it out. Remove the dirt under the valves and put some...
  14. Teamo

Rain Bird drip line

Yes it is the 1/2 inch brown rain bird drip line. Not sure of the model number of the line I will have to read it when I get home. The emitters have 12" spacing between them. I used a pressure regulator/filter coming off of the 1" valve at the valve manifold which drops the pressure down to...
  15. Teamo

Rain Bird drip line

I recently added a few zones of Rain Bird drip line to some new flower beds. I think from what I've read that the drip line should be limited to no more than 200 feet on a zone. I brought 1 inch line to the start of the bed and reduced down to the 1/2 inch for the drip line. I ran about 130 feet...
  16. Teamo

rain bird 1812 spray heads

Great I'll use the side inlet so I can bury the head fully without having to mess with the funny/swing pipe.
  17. Teamo

rain bird 1812 spray heads

I bought some 1812 spray heads to replace some 1804's. I need the taller height so I can spray over the top of some flowers in the flower beds. There is a side plug on the 1812's. What is the purpose of this plug? Thanks
  18. Teamo

drip irrigation

I have an 8 zone system: 6 lawn zones (rotor heads) and 2 garden bed zones along the house (spray heads). I am making flower beds along all of my fence line around the property which will be several hundred feet of flower beds when it is all done. It might be done in stages over the next couple...
  19. Teamo

Dryer feed, how far is too far?

Use the #10 copper and a 30 amp breaker and you should be fine.
  20. Teamo

installing a new oven

I trust our regular guy so didn't change it. Am I doing the right thing? So you trust him but you want to check his answer? The 50 amp breaker is sized to protect the circuit wiring. Most people would just stay with that but if it were me I would change it out to a 40 amp breaker because the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks