Search results

1. Pitterpat

Wall sink Trap Adaptor

If I peeled the trap adaptor off using heat, the new adaptor would stick out too far. That pipe would need to be cut off. I cut the adaptor off, will probably glue the new one on tonight. Thanks.
  2. Pitterpat

Wall sink Trap Adaptor

Thanks for the question, yes there is clearance to install the hub adaptor. A I looked to see if there was room to push it all the way back in that hole. I also have the tools I'd need to open the opening more.
  3. Pitterpat

Wall sink Trap Adaptor

I had a plumber install a trap adaptor on my sink drain stub out. Problem is when I put the bell escutcheon on with the J-pipe the escutcheon isn't flush to the wall. Before I cut off something and then have to do further repair to the wall, tile and the pipe, I thought I'd ask here. What I'm...
  4. Pitterpat

Terry Love- cancer update

I'm not sure how I came about this forum but I'm pretty sure someone from the John Bridge Tile forum directed me here. That is how I learned Terry was sick. I got the advice I need and everyone was always nice. Sorry to hear of the return of his cancer and his failing health. I'm sure his kids...
  5. Pitterpat

Jet Pump with a stand

Need to replace my jet pump, 1/2 hp. I'm just looking for the pump right now...Not looking to debate or other stuff. Does anyone know of a pump that comes with or you can get a stand for it. I have the the 1950's jet pump on a stand. It is in the basement of my house and needs to be elevated...
  6. Pitterpat

Well pump squealing

Here is the plate from the pump.
  7. Pitterpat

Well pump squealing

Have the old timey original well pump. In the basement on a stand. I noticed today it is squealing when it is pumping. I think a bearing is going out. Suggestions of going on city water are out at this time, no budget for that. New pump, maybe but most well places around here want to do work on...
  8. Pitterpat

Drained water heater, flow worse

When I said Procrastinating I mean they aren't done so the fixtures aren't in.
  9. Pitterpat

Hot side only; can't tell on other faucets and showers. Shower in the basement and still working / procrastinating on the other upstairs bathrooms.
  10. Pitterpat

I don't have this. Thanks
  11. Pitterpat

Already did all of the above. areator is clean; all the aerators on the kitchen faucet are clean.
  12. Pitterpat

As the title says, I drained my water heater and the water flow got worse to the kitchen sink on the main floor. My water heater is in the basement, I have a one story house. Why is this and is there anyway to make it better other than getting a new water heater?
  13. Pitterpat

P-Trap, can I put this in like this?

Yelling: I don't think you were listening like you aren't now! I'm not going to use the diagrams, all I need to do is attach the drain from the shower to the wye where it is supposed to be attached!
  14. Pitterpat

The best way will be to notch the joist if needed. Will not drill a hole in the joist, I don't have a drill stout enough to drill the hole and it's not necessary either, the drain pipe isn't that high.
  15. Pitterpat

Have no idea what you're talking about. Can't run drain through the joists, joist are 2 x 8, joists aren't big enough to drill a 2" at least hole through them. And as written before, THE FURNACE VENT CAN'T BE MOVED!
  16. Pitterpat

It is the joist that is in the way, the bottom of the vent pipe from the furnace is actually about 1" above the bottom of the joist. I almost spoke too soon. I just went down and mocked up what you said to do in the picture; looks like that may work. I'll do it tomorrow and let you know how...
  17. Pitterpat

No, not possible to move furnance pipe; actually it is more the joist that is in the way.
  18. Pitterpat

Ok, how about if I do this, no use of Fernco and using pvc? And yes, to be really comfortable with it I will have have to notch the joist. I know the max depth I can notch this 2 x 8 is 1 1/4" and I'll have to turn the 90 about 45 deg or so so I can get the notch within the first 1/3 of the end...
  19. Pitterpat

I hadn't thought of doing that, I'll take a look after the race.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks