Search results

1. catmania

Flange set almost 1 inch below floor surface

Thank you everybody for the information. I called a plumber to come look at our problem. I just don't feel comfortable cutting and gluing PVC. Want to be certain there are no leaks. So, we'll leave it to a pro.
  2. catmania

Thanks for the advice. I think we might call a plumber for this repair, unless you pros think it can be a DIY job. How difficult is it to cut the PVC pipe and install a flange? Could this repair be accomplished from above by cutting inside the PVC, or would we have to access the pipe from the...
  3. catmania

3 of the 4 holes do have screws in them. They are screwed as far down as they can go. But the flange is still higher than the sub floor. Defies the laws of physics. I don't understand it. The former owner of this house was a general contractor. You'd think he would have the resources...
  4. catmania

Thanks for your reply. Another problem I noticed is that the flange is not even flush with the sub-floor. I can't see exactly how it is screwed down and don't know how it is staying in place, but there is definitely a gap between the flange and sub-floor. The flange is also bent slightly. Would...
  5. catmania

In the process of replacing a toilet. Removed toilet to find the flange is set about 1 inch below the floor surface. Other problems are that the flange is not level and is also bent slightly. See attached photo. Previous toilet was set on what looks like several wax rings. It never leaked in the...
  6. catmania

Toto Eco UltraMax vs. Toto UltraMax

In the process of replacing 3 old toilets. Can anybody tell me if the Toto Eco UltraMax 1.28 GPF is just as good as the regular Toto UltraMax 1.6 GPF? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks