Search results

1. trinculo54

Steel Tub Installation

Okay I know steel tubs are not very popular, however I have one and it's for a guest bath. So my question is...is there anything I can do to make it better? I.E. put it in a bed of mortar, or perhaps insulate the sides with either foam insulation or regular insulation? Any thoughts or ideas...
  2. trinculo54

Inspection/licensing for working on own house

It has been my experience that the town/city can decided what you can and can't do in your house, in Poughkeepsie New York for example you can work on your own plumbing, however if you are connected to city/town water and or sewer they then require you to have a licensed plumber do the major...
  3. trinculo54

Galvanized Main to CPVC

hmmm....I was under the impression from Terry/maybe HJ (https://terrylove.com/watersize.htm) that Cpvc had a smaller bore. Anyway thanks for the advice...still not hot on the idea of switching my plans to copper :)
  4. trinculo54

Kitchen Sink waste and vent question

Hopefully you can see the picture, anyway I am "thinking" of running a 2" waste line to the kitchen where I then need to break off a branch and reduce down to 1 1/2" to go thought the bearing 2x4s for the kitchen sink (The 2x4's need to be doubled). The run from the 2" waste/vent with the 1...
  5. trinculo54

Galvanized Main to CPVC

While I think copper might be the way to go, I like working with the CPVC, with as much work as I am doing on the house I would like to keep things simple. Does anyone else have any thoughts? Thanks
  6. trinculo54

Galvanized Main to CPVC

Well I am starting my next major project of replacing all of the old galvanized water lines in the house. I have started to run CPVC from the main to the water heater and have temporarily tied into the rest of the cold water. Before I get too far I have a few questions. 1. The main itself...
  7. trinculo54

Placement of toliet flange for water test

sulconst2...why not a mechanical plug?!?! hmmm...will that hold for a 10ft water test? Any thoughts on that? Maybe I'll pick one up today and check it out...thanks for the suggestion. Terry...if that doesn't work I may go with your suggestion. Thanks! :)
  8. trinculo54

Yea I thought of the that, however, with my 100 year old house the floor is not tall enough to use a regular closet flange, I have to use a street closet flange, alowing me to fit the pipe with-in the floor joists. Thus if I did go that route I would have to cut it before the elbow, rather then...
  9. trinculo54

Terry; Thanks for the reply...I actully bought that exact same item...however, I am more interested in the "test cookie" that you mentioned. I have test caps...little white discs that pop into the end of the pipe. Is this what you where refering to? I was told that these should be glued in...
  10. trinculo54

Okay; I while back I posted a question regarding a 10ft water test that my inspector wants to see...I have since gone out and bought a test tee with a an inflatable test tee balloon. Here in Oregon they sell a toilet flange that has a knock-out top so you can complete this water test without...
  11. trinculo54

Pressure test

Anyone have a good solution for what to put at the end of the pipe that I need to test? Right now I have 3" ABS connecting to the old 4" cast...the inspector told me that I needed to do the water test all the way to this location. He suggested to put a wye connection at the end near the 4" cast...
  12. trinculo54

Faucet question

Thank you very much! :D
  13. trinculo54

Faucet question

I have a seperate shower and a seperate bath in my master bath that I am remodleing. Looking at my local home center there are lots of combonation fixtures...IE shower/tub with a common mixture valve. Can I use this type of fixture for my shower and just cap the tub fill? Also can I do the...
  14. trinculo54

Pressure test

HJ you’re a genius! I never thought to use the cleanout with a bushing...done deal! Now if only I could find a reasonable price on a long 3" inflatable plug to put in a 3" wye connection!
  15. trinculo54

Pressure test

Well the remodel is going along fine, and I have installed most of the plumbing, my inspector came over today and told me that I would have to preform a 10ft water test on the system. I understand that I have to fill the entire drain and vent system with water and wait to see if there are any...
  16. trinculo54

Running a drain for bathtub question

sulconst2, That's what I'm using as a solution now, but I'm afraid it might be a little bit to tall...I'll have to set the tub to know for sure. I was hoping for a simpler solution then a bunch of adapters stacked on each other...but if that's what I have to do then that's what I'll have to do...
  17. trinculo54

I thought for sure there would be something like what you described, ie 2" to 1 1/2" fitting but I can't find it...would it be part of the trap assebly? Or would it be just a reducer with a compression fitting...I can't find a 2" to 1 1/2" compression fitting either. Anyone else? Also the...
  18. trinculo54

I am installing a new bathroom in my home and I have a bathtub that is facing away from the drain, IE it's a right facing drain with the wall plumbing on the left. I had started with 1 1/2" drain pipe from the stack when I realized I need to run 2" to complete the almost 5' run to the tub...
  19. trinculo54

Starting a major project

update Here is an update for those who are interested. We had our home inspection done a few days ago...nothing too much to note there. Anyway during this period we took measurements of all the rooms and have laid out a general plan of attack. The drawings are not exactly the same, you will...
  20. trinculo54

Starting a major project

Starting a major project (Updated) I am just about to close on a house that only has one bathroom on the first floor of a two story house. We are also looking at enlarging the kitchen by at least 2 fold (It’s really small!!). Anyway I am a little concerned about adding a bath upstairs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks