Search results

1. Steve333

New Delta Faucet already squeaking

I had new a Delta Faucet installed on my bathroom sink about 4 months ago. The cold and hot water handles turned nice and smooth and felt quite nice. All of a sudden a few days ago when closing the hot water handle it made a loud squeak. I then tested the cold water handle and that one is...
  2. Steve333

Kitchen Sink P-Trap material question

I believe it was suggested not to mix steel and copper (or brass). Turns out the p-trap is chrome plated brass anyway. The plumber got me confused. The drain basket is chrome plated brass, and a nice one too. Koehler makes some good stuff from what i see. It weighed twice as much as the...
  3. Steve333

Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. I think it had more to do with the inside design of the sink basket. I had decided to live with it but got fed up one night while eating dinner and listening to plop......plop....plop for 5 minutes. I called RR and demanded that they replace it with a...
  4. Steve333

foul odor from new bathroom sink

I had an odor coming from my new kitchen sink strainer. Is your odor a chemical smell? My is (was) and I had been having problems with the strainer making noise so I decided to have it replaced. When I went to Home Depot to pick one out I noticed the cheaper ones had a horrible chemical smell...
  5. Steve333

good. thanks. Plumbing is obviously not an area of expertise for me. I can fix a computer but when it comes to the house, I'm lost.
  6. Steve333

I tried a refrigerator magnet.....from Roto-Rooter :) It didn't stick. So, the mystery is over?
  7. Steve333

You may be right. I would hate to have them go through all that and still have the same problem. The guy who installed it said yes when I asked him if the p-trap was steel, but I really don't think he was paying attention. I just looked and its held to the copper(brass?) tailpiece by a steel...
  8. Steve333

Well, I checked out the strainers at Home Depot and none of them have the same design as the one RR installed. The ones I saw didnt have a piece of metal going across the center with a hole in the middle. The ones I saw just had insides that were cantered downwards. It looked as if the water...
  9. Steve333

So it's normal for water to drip out of a kitchen sink for 3-5 minutes? It looks like the water just pools on the center piece going across. My old strainer didn't do this, of course it didn't have that center piece either. Maybe thats just the way they are designed now?
  10. Steve333

I can understand that. In this case, though, everything had to be replaced and I knew it going in. So, the only thing I was concerned with was the price. I had a different plumbing service come in a week earlier, before the pipe had come off (I knew there was a leak somewhere because my ceiling...
  11. Steve333

Well, I'm glad the pipe used didn't matter, i would hate to have to go through a hassle in getting it replaced. The plumber (Roto-Rooter) came by today to check it out and he insisted nothing was wrong with the strainer and said that water accumulating inside it was normal. It still seems to...
  12. Steve333

Hi all, new here. I just had the pipes under my kitchen sink replaced. The old pipes were all PVC (white plastic) There was a leak and when i went to tighten the nut around the pipe and bottom of the strainer it basically came off in my hand. The plumber installed a copper tailpiece, and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks