Search results

1. dumberplumber

Pressure System Problem

You may be correct, Gary. Perhaps at some future date when I have nothing else to do and am bored, I will rearrange the set up just to see.
  2. dumberplumber

Square D Technical Support

Technical support for Square D pressure switches can be obtained by calling the toll free number 1-888-778-2733.
  3. dumberplumber

Pressure switch problem or something else???

I have never heard of a pump being put in a lake before. A foot valve, yes. Not many people swim, wade, fish in a well.
  4. dumberplumber

Pressure System Problem

Thanks for your input, Gary. Since it is running fine now I will leave it as it is for the time being and get on with other priority to dos.
  5. dumberplumber

Pressure switch problem or something else???

Pump In Lake With a pump in a lake with electrical wires attached I see a safety hazard and a large potential liability for both the owner and the person that put it there.
  6. dumberplumber

Pressure System Problem

Pressure System Problem SOLVED!!! I had stated on my previous posting that having put the pressure switch in front of the filters that the system was working okay save for one occasion in which there was an off/on/of/.. cycle. But low and behold today when I was catching up on my laundry, the...
  7. dumberplumber

Newbie Question: Priming a well pump that's been disconnected for years

Well Priming There should be a reservoir connected to the pump which can be filled in order to prime the system. The amount of water required to do so will depend on the amount of line that is in the well. You will know when it is primed when you can not put any more water into the reservoir...
  8. dumberplumber

Pressure System Problem

Thank you, Bob for your informative comments. As mentioned, I have now put the switch in front of the filters and it has been working okay except for for one occassion when it went into an off/on/off oscillation, why I do not know. I believe that the only demand at that time was as a result...
  9. dumberplumber

Pressure System Problem

Pressue System Problem System has been reconstructed with filters placed after the pressure switch and gauge, and works fine. No on/off oscillating.
  10. dumberplumber

Pressure System Problem

Thanks Gary, I'll look into it more. I will reconstruct my system tomorrow and will let you know how it works. Good travels.
  11. dumberplumber

Pressure System Problem

Pump Preesure Problem Thanks again for your comments, Gary. I am not familiar with the type of system you mentioned. Could fill me in? What does it consist of; is it complicated; what costs are involved? I will be going ahead with the changes using the disposable filters, but I always like...
  12. dumberplumber

RE: Cistern problems

Cistern problem What type of pump are you using and where is it located with respect to the cistern? How much pipe do you have to fill in order to get the pump primed? And do you know whether or not the pump is actually primed? If the pump does not get primed properly and it runs for any...
  13. dumberplumber

Pressure System Problem

Thank you, Gary, for your response. What gets into the cistern is mostly fine matter (dust, dirt) that gets washed from the roof by rain and is too small to be caught by the screen filters that are in place in the eves. The filter becomes quite dirty over time and I probably replace them...
  14. dumberplumber

Anyone using dual sump pumps?

Dual Sump Pumps I think the approach you are taking is the practical one considering the extent of the problems and the economics for a "Mike Holmes" solution. My suggestions are that you wire the two pumps on independent fuses/breakers in the event that one pump fails and causes the...
  15. dumberplumber

repairing where well pipe enters house

Assuming that the picture is of the inside of the wall and that there is a gear clamp holding the two pipes together, I would suggest that you carefully use an appropriate chisel to remove the concrete and whatever other material seems to be around the pipe so that the gear clamp is accessible...
  16. dumberplumber

Pressure System Problem

I am in the process of renovating my in-house water system as a result of having to replace my pressure tank. The system utilizes a cistern as a reservoir, rain collected off the roof as the supply source, and a submersible pump located in the cistern. The old in-house system consisted of a 5...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks