Search results

1. RedClay

Stopped By An Angle Stop -- So What Went Wrong?

When our pex plumbed house was built we had a spare bathroom roughed-in. Yesterday, I tried to install angle stops on the sink stub-outs and immediately got a leaker. The copper stub-outs had paint on them which I removed with my fingernail. I then polished the copper with 0000 steel wool. I...
  2. RedClay

Musty Odor From Sink Drain

Hello all, We are in a six month old rancher with a walk-out basement. Recently, the sink drain in the main level 3/4 guest bath has been giving off a musty odor when we run water. It is definitely coming up from the drain, and it is not the water itself. The sink is used several times a...
  3. RedClay

CSV Questions

Thanks for the info, but I still have a question about pump longevity. According to http://www.cyclestopvalves.com/geninfo_3.html, current production pumps are built to fail. Here's the relevant quote: "Since the 70's, companies have continually shortened the length of motors and replaced...
  4. RedClay

CSV Questions

I've been reading up on Cycles Stop Valves and have a few questions. 1. The CSV is a trademark/name for a constant pressure valve? Yes/No? 2. ValveMan has a financial interest in selling CSVs? Yes/No? I'm not saying this is bad, if true. I just want to be informed. 3. With a 30/50 PSI...
  5. RedClay

Water Line To House

The best planning is to clear around the structures AND have a water source available to soak them down. What makes you think I would do otherwise?
  6. RedClay

Water Line To House

Thanks, I've made a note of that.
  7. RedClay

Water Line To House

I am thinking more of multiple hoses wetting down the structures in case of a forest fire.
  8. RedClay

Water Line To House

No sewer, and oddly in my opinion, no fire hydrants. One of my thoughts in going for the bigger connection was better fire protection, not that a 1 1/2 inch connection would be much help in a major conflagration, but it would be better than 3/4 inches.
  9. RedClay

Water Line To House

Thanks, Gary. The hookup fee is a couple of hundred. A bit more if I insist on an 1 1/2" meter. I would have to pay their difference in cost. They don't stock them and couldn't quote a price. It's a real small P.W.D. I'm going to talk to a couple of drillers and see if I can find one...
  10. RedClay

Water Line To House

Hi, We are building a house 1,000 feet off the road in a very rural area. The local water utility will provide us with a 3/4" meter or maybe a 1 1/2" meter. They don't seem to like to provide anything but 3/4 inches, but admitted they might let us have 1 1/2 inches. We are not required to use...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks