Search results

1. marge

Is it possible to replace hot water baseboards? With what?

say no to forced air Baseboards, though ugly, are much better as a heat source forced air, less allergenic, less dust, not as drying. Arguably more sanitary. I have no idea why I have this conviction but don't think I'm making it up. Maybe radiant floor heat in the room or rooms where getting...
  2. marge

Ultramax doesn't fit

Today the third "plumber" came over, he was going to break the tile, move the shut off valve and straighten the toilet. Our plan was to live with grout or mismatched tile until we remodel, just aren't ready to do that right now. In terms of the height, shim situation, "it is what it is."...
  3. marge

Ultramax doesn't fit

Got it, thanks. I'll see if that's an option.
  4. marge

Ultramax doesn't fit

Thanks for the feedback! I'm aggravated they didn't tell us the toilet wouldn't fit in this bathroom, we'd have kept the old one in there until we could choose something else. But, as dissatisfied as I am about this, I really hate having to be a nuisance. So I really appreciate the feedback...
  5. marge

Ultramax doesn't fit

I'm glad to know I'm not crazy to be dissatisfied with this. My first preference would be able to go to them and say, "this doesn't work, we want X toilet instead." Second choice, if we can't find one that fits without having to break the tile, we'll have them come back and do the patch.
  6. marge

Ultramax doesn't fit

I think it's because our floor is crooked, but then again, the silicon seems to be the same height all the way around. I also remember hearing the word "collar" in the explanation. I'll check.
  7. marge

Ultramax doesn't fit

Not a DIYer, just a clueless customer looking for some guidance. One of the 3 Ultramax toilets we bought (thanks to lurking on this site) to replace the nasty first generation low flows in our new (to us) house does not fit. I don't know how to describe this problem. If you can see the photos...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks