Search results

1. cicerored

Contolling Circulator Pump by water temperature

Hello, I need to install a controller or aquastat that will turn on/off my recirculation pump which is connected to my tankless water heater with external storage tank. I am looking for reocommendations. I am converting from an old boiler water to a high efficiency tankless unit (for...
  2. cicerored

Pipe Size reducer Question, Recircuation Loop

Hi All, It has been a while. I have a commercial boiler with a 120 gallon hot water storage tank on a recirculation pump. The boiler is 20 years old and I want to retrofit a high efficiency (Navien) tankless water heater. My concern is with the water supply pipe sizes, which need to be...
  3. cicerored

How to use two air compressors to increase CFM

Hi, I have read that it is possible and safe to combine the output of two air compressors for high CFU applications. I was wondering how to accomplish this. It seems to me that using an unregulated air tank would be the best way. So the input of both compressors would be connected to the air...
  4. cicerored

two sinks - one riser

Hello again, I have a 1 1/2" riser roughed in in my basement for a bathroom sink. I want to connect two sinks to it: one for the bathroom, and one for a wet bar sink adjacent the bathroom (about 3 feet away). My question is, can I use two sanitary tees (one above the other) or do I need a...
  5. cicerored

shower p-trap question (DWV)

Hi Is it ok to swivel the end of the shower p-trap or does it have to be aligned in a straight line (looking from above)? I found an example (not mine) of what I mean. You see how this trap is turned almost 90 degrees to the left. I don't need to do it at a 90, but maybe at a 45 (to...
  6. cicerored

Plumbing Plan Question

Some of you may remember that I broke up my basement slab a couple months back to scope out the DWV with an eye towards adding a 2" drain and vent tie-in. I got the building permit. I have finished the insulation and am almost done with the framing. I called about the plumbing permit and they...
  7. cicerored

Insulating Finished Basement

I live in upstate NY (cold in winter) and I am wondering what to do about insulating my basement before framing walls. My house is 10 years old and has bat fiberglass insulation covering about the top 75% off the wall. I was thinking about just gluing rigid insulation on the bottom...
  8. cicerored

busted up slab (pic) for shower in basement

I am about 1/2 way there with the removal of the slab. But I think you can get a good idea of what I want to do. I have a sink, toilet roughed in, in my basement. I am adding a shower rough in, because I am going to finish the basement. The sink has a 1.5" vent that goes out the ceiling and...
  9. cicerored

Shower Drain

Does it mater where the shower drain is placed? I am thinking in relationship to the shower head. I see center, left, right in pans. It seems like being furthest away from the shower head would be best to me, so the soap/water run away from you.
  10. cicerored

Adding Shower to half bath in basement

Hi Everyone, I am in the process of drawing up plans to get my permit for my basement renovation. When we built the home, I had a half bath roughed in. Now I have decided that I might as well add a neoangle shower (2" drain). The current situation rough in is a 1.5" drain/vent for the sink...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks