Search results

1. jamespatrick4

Hose bib w/ galvanized line in crawl space

Thanks Plumber1. I finally spoke with the plumber and the reason for suggesting that the hose bib be moved was it is not a good idea to have water lines on the exterior. I'm not a plumber but I think that's the reason for the stop & waste valve on the inside of the basement? He also mentioned...
  2. jamespatrick4

Hose bib w/ galvanized line in crawl space

We bought a 70 year old house from the original owner. The owner’s son re-plumbed the basement with CPVC, except for the supply to the hose-bib, which is galvanized. The galvanized line starts at a stop and waste valve, which is about 1 foot inside the basement wall. The galvanized then...
  3. jamespatrick4

Basement Shower work around?

LonnythePlumber, No problem. I just wanted to be certain that I wasn't missing something. I know enough to do it myself (including the need for venting) on the simple things but realize I can easily get into trouble if I miss something that is normally standard practice but is such a...
  4. jamespatrick4

LonnythePlumber and Jim: Thanks for the info. Jim, it's good to know that even if I relied on memory (which I never do in these situations) I would have overbuilt by allowing an inch for three feet when code only would require 3/4" for 3' feet of grade. LonnythePlumber, your response is...
  5. jamespatrick4

I am finishing the unfinished basement of my 1930’s house and adding a bathroom. The basement already has a toilet (original to the house). Plumbing for the sink would not be a problem because there is a drain about 15’ away serving the kitchen up on the first floor and a wash basin in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks