Search results

1. FoxHome01

Thermal Cupple & Gas Valve?

Right now we can't afford to replace the tank unless we absolutely have to, so we are going to just replace the thermal cupple since the pilot keeps going out. I have whirlpool sending me the thermal cupple conversion kit. My question is should we also replace the gas valve at all? Someone...
  2. FoxHome01

Plumbing Leak?

We've been having a heck of a time trying to locate a water leak that we've been dealing with for a while now. We originally thought that the water we started to see on the ceiling of our kitchen was related to the plumbing from the master bath since it's right on top. We took down the...
  3. FoxHome01

Tankless - is it worth it?

I'm seeing mixed reviews on tankless systems. After a very aggrivating day dealing with the pilot going out on our whirlpool water heater we're deciding whether or not to just replace the whole thing b/c we actually have a black spec (that smear) issue that we can't get rid of. As mentioned...
  4. FoxHome01

State Water Heaters

Are these good water heaters? A recommendation was made to replace our whirlpool water heater b/c they think the thermal cupple is wearing out. The tank is only 5 years old, but seeing as we are still not able to resolve the black spec issue, we may need to consider replacing the whole thing.
  5. FoxHome01

Expansion Tank

Can someone advise me if our expansion tank is set properly? I ask b/c we took a walk this weekend and noticed in a neighbors garage that he had what looked like the same exact tank but positioned horizontally. The reason this is curious to us is that the City still thinks our black spec issue...
  6. FoxHome01

Water Testing

Although I've had my water tested a couple of times, I think I need a more in depth type of test. When we first started having issues with black specs the plubmer took it to a local place and they said we had high levels of iron. Had someone come to the house as we were considering some type...
  7. FoxHome01

Flex Connectors - Water Heater

Since clearly changing the anode rod, expansion tank and PRV haven't solved my smear-like, black spec issue, I figured the last resort is checking the braided flex connectors. While I believe I know what these look like, I can't seem to find them on my water heater. I've included a link to...
  8. FoxHome01

PRV Leak

I had posted a long while ago about black specks we were seeing in our tub and dishwasher. Long story short - we replaced the expansion tank and anode rod. Went away briefly and returned. This time they were larger specks but didn't smear like the originalone (even though those too came back...
  9. FoxHome01

Trouble Emptying Water Heater

I'm trying to empty my water heater and am having some issues with the "flow" of the water. I've turned off the water to the tank and hooked up the hose, turned the black knob and nothing. I called the manufacturer and she said to turn on a faucet in the house to help add pressure. Nothing...
  10. FoxHome01

Hot water smell

I noticed the other day when we were running the hot shower to steam up the bathroom for our son who has a cold, there was an odor (musty/moldy). I thought that it may have been the diaper bin that's in the bathroom, but it happened again last night (we had taken the diaper bin out). So I went...
  11. FoxHome01

AS Cadet III - Gurgling

We had this installed in our second floor bathroom back in the fall. Almost immediately we noticed a thumping noise upon flushing but it would only happen when "stuff" was being flushed. Two plumbers have since advised that it's the design of the toilet and it's forced flushing and the way in...
  12. FoxHome01

Black nylon braided flex connectors on the water heater

How do I identify this on my water heater? I'm not sure what it looks like. Also, is this something that I can easily replace safely? This is likely the last option I have to try to fix my black speck problem since I've already tried replacing the anode rod and expansion tank.
  13. FoxHome01

Black Specks - AGAIN

I posted a few months ago about black specks we were seeing in our dishwasher, showers and tubs. Based on my research it seemed to have boiled down to either the expansion tank or the anode rod. We've since had both replaced. I even called our City Water and they said that they've had people...
  14. FoxHome01

Crack in Shower Wall

What product can I use to seal a crack in our (marble) shower wall. Previous owners used caulking and it's not durable. In fact it's peeled off.
  15. FoxHome01

Hot Water Tank

We just had our anode rod (to aluminum) and expansion tank replaced today as well as the tank drained and cleaned with bleach. We did this in response to these black specks we were experiencing that are best described like mascara. Smear when rubbed and are very hard to clean, in particular...
  16. FoxHome01

Bleaching inside Hot Water Tank

Is it OK to bleach the inside of a hote water tank? Will it cause corrosion? We are going to have our anode rod (and expansion tank) replaced with the hopes that one of these objects is the culprit of the black specks we have been getting. We're going to have the tank drained and cleaned...
  17. FoxHome01

Tankless Water Heaters

As mentioned in a previous post, we've been having these black specks that are hard to clean. The plumber just called back and advised that it's actually manganese. A temporary fix is to have the anode rod replaced and the tank cleaned (with bleach) But he said that since it's a mineral in...
  18. FoxHome01

High Levels of Iron

I recently posted to an existing thread about these black specks that smear and are hard to clean that show up where hot water exits. Had the plumber come out to take a look and wound up taking a sample from the hot water heater b/c he had never seen this before. Results show extraordinarily...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks