Search results

1. FoxHome01

Thermal Cupple & Gas Valve?

It's only 4-5 years old but it's a whirlpool and as I understand this seems to be a common problem with their product. When you say it's easy to install, how easy? I'm considering having someone come and take care of it but might reconsider if it's that easy. I know nothing about water...
  2. FoxHome01

Thermal Cupple & Gas Valve?

Right now we can't afford to replace the tank unless we absolutely have to, so we are going to just replace the thermal cupple since the pilot keeps going out. I have whirlpool sending me the thermal cupple conversion kit. My question is should we also replace the gas valve at all? Someone...
  3. FoxHome01

Plumbing Leak?

Did this too. I even took a shower and ran the bath while our contractors were searching for the leak. As mentioned, we may have found the source and if not, at some point we will replace the plumbing for the tub since it doesn't look right. For now, we aren't using the tub just in case.
  4. FoxHome01

Plumbing Leak?

We actually had 3 plumbers out PLUS 2 contractors PLUS a bath/shower expert. Not a thing was found. So, we did what we could to try to find the problem from underneath. We knew it was a temp fix when we made the decision to seal it back up. While we don't have a definative answer at the...
  5. FoxHome01

Plumbing Leak?

We've been having a heck of a time trying to locate a water leak that we've been dealing with for a while now. We originally thought that the water we started to see on the ceiling of our kitchen was related to the plumbing from the master bath since it's right on top. We took down the...
  6. FoxHome01

Tankless - is it worth it?

We have and it was originally thought to be rubber but the City (who tested it) wasn't able to draw final conclusion b/c although it "acted" like rubber the checmical make-up wasn't matching up. I'm looking into seeing if I can get someone else to test it.
  7. FoxHome01

Thank you everyone for your input. At the end of the day we probably would prefer to just replace with a good quality tank. BUT...we're really trying to find the silver bullet that will eliminate our black spec issue. Unfortunately, neither one seems to be providing a guarantee. A...
  8. FoxHome01

I'm seeing mixed reviews on tankless systems. After a very aggrivating day dealing with the pilot going out on our whirlpool water heater we're deciding whether or not to just replace the whole thing b/c we actually have a black spec (that smear) issue that we can't get rid of. As mentioned...
  9. FoxHome01

State Water Heaters

The reason we are considering replacing the water heater is b/c we woke up this morning to no hot water. Had some trouble getting the pilot to light. Plumber got it up and running. The pilot blew out shortly after he left. He did come back and got it back up and running and he thought that...
  10. FoxHome01

State Water Heaters

Are these good water heaters? A recommendation was made to replace our whirlpool water heater b/c they think the thermal cupple is wearing out. The tank is only 5 years old, but seeing as we are still not able to resolve the black spec issue, we may need to consider replacing the whole thing.
  11. FoxHome01

Expansion Tank

Well, perhaps my tapping on the expansion tank is the cause of my issues this morning. Woke up to no hot water. Noticed the pilot wasn't on and tried to ignite it and once I did that there were many flames (not so good). :eek: So, I turned it right off. Have the plumber coming out to...
  12. FoxHome01

Expansion Tank

Thank you! If we have a bad expansion tank, would you know what could be causing it to go bad? Like I said, it's only a year old.
  13. FoxHome01

Expansion Tank

Can someone advise me if our expansion tank is set properly? I ask b/c we took a walk this weekend and noticed in a neighbors garage that he had what looked like the same exact tank but positioned horizontally. The reason this is curious to us is that the City still thinks our black spec issue...
  14. FoxHome01

Water Testing

No there isn't an odor (at least from what we can tell). I understand that manganese is primarily a result of well related set-ups. We are on city. Although we will check this weekend, I don't think we have braided hoses attached to the water heater. We think it's all copper lines. I...
  15. FoxHome01

Water Testing

Although I've had my water tested a couple of times, I think I need a more in depth type of test. When we first started having issues with black specs the plubmer took it to a local place and they said we had high levels of iron. Had someone come to the house as we were considering some type...
  16. FoxHome01

Flex Connectors - Water Heater

We thought the same thing but 2 plumbers have advised that where it sits is fine. When we had the original expansion tank removed, that too didn't look like it was the problem. We didn't see any breakdown of rubber that was noticable and neither did the plumber. We are hunting for a needle...
  17. FoxHome01

Interestingly enough, part of me thinks that we have two separate problems. I have to check to see what I have it set at. But I lowered it mid-summer to save a little mula and within 2 weeks I did notice that the specs were appearing on the plastic pieces in the dishwasher. I raised it and...
  18. FoxHome01

Aluminum (which I think is what is recommended) - also when the plumber took out the old one it wasn't really in bad shape. Water heater isn't that old, perhaps 5-7 years.
  19. FoxHome01

We don't have either. Anything else?
  20. FoxHome01

If this insulation is not right, is there any chance that the black specs are coming from that? Although I suspect it would be rather difficult to get into the hot water heater since they are on the outside. :D Can you see that I'm desperate for an answer? :(
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks