Search results

1. DanMcD

Toto Drake 1.6gpf Poor Bowl Wash In Back - none!

I was disappointed to find out that my standard height 1.6 gpf Drake 1 does not clean well. And I have the Sanigloss. If you get splatter on the back side of the bowl, the toilet water will not clean it off. In addition, splatter accumulates on the upper inside of the back wall. In both case, I...
  2. DanMcD

Toto Drake 1.6gpf flush valve causes water hammer

I bought a Drake 1.6gpf toilet last month (standard height & insulated tank) and when the flush valve shut off, it would cause my pipes to bang big time. This never happened with my other Kohler toilet and I know my pipes are secured to the floor. So I called my plumber and he replaced the TOTO...
  3. DanMcD

Toto Drake II Tank Top

OK, well In have had the Drake II for the past 6 years and replaced the VELCRO at least 3 times. But the Drake II lid always slides toward the back of the toilet and exposes the tank rim. So ugly. I know this is caused by my leaning backwards which pushes the toilet seat up against the lid. One...
  4. DanMcD

Drake Toilet Tank Wobble

My contractor just installed a Drake 1.6 gpf toilet with an insulated tank. The base is solid but the tank wobbles/moves somewhat. When I sit down and lean back, it moves. Why is that. Is it not tightened down enough? I sort of recall that when my Drake 2 was installed I had a problem like...
  5. DanMcD

Alternate Tank Lid for Toto Drake 1.6gpm Toilet

Is there an alternate tank lid that is flat on top and fits the Toto Drake 1.6gpm toilet?
  6. DanMcD

Picture Of Drake ST743SD Insulated Tank?

Thanks Terry. I have a Toto Drake II in the hall bath and, on one hot & humid day when my AC was not on, it sweated like a pig dripping water all over the floor. I was sort of surprised how much it sweated so much! Dan McDermott
  7. DanMcD

Picture Of Drake ST743SD Insulated Tank?

Does anyone have a picture that shows the insulated tank in a Drake 1?
  8. DanMcD

Toto Drake II vs Drake 1 vs American Standard Champion Pro

Two more questions: Does it clean the bowl as good as the Drake II? Do you believe the findings from Consumer reports on the Drake 1?
  9. DanMcD

Bathroom Sink Faucets: American Standard vs Moen Vs Delta

I thought I liked the Voss Moen Faucet until I saw it in action. The water stream that comes out (1.5 gpm) is very very narrow are not very aerated. I think this is because it has a 1/2" aerator. Most of the Delta's have the same size 1/2" aerators. So, I saw an American Standard faucet in...
  10. DanMcD

Toto Drake II vs Drake 1 vs American Standard Champion Pro

I have a Drake II in my hall bath and love it. But in my master bathroom, I would like a toilet that is not 16" tall because I am a short person who like to have their feet flat on the floor. Thus, I am looking at two options: Drake 1 and the American Standard Champion Pro. Which one of these is...
  11. DanMcD

Air Gap and Air Admittance Valve (AAV)

My Maytag dishwasher says I may need to install an Air Gap device. Since I plan to use an Air Admittance Valve for the sink (with a garbage disposal), is the AAV the same thing as having an Air Gap device....or do I need both?
  12. DanMcD

Are Air Admittance Valves as Good As Vent Out Roof

My bathroom has a big (4-5inch?) pipe vent up through the roof. The batroom is only 15 feet away from the kicthen sink. Whta happens if the AAV rubber part fails? Do you get smeels and water overflow?
  13. DanMcD

Are Air Admittance Valves as Good As Vent Out Roof

We are remodeling or Kitchen and want to put a garbage can under the sink on the left hand side. This will not allow us to connect to an existing air vent that goes out through my roof. I was told we could use an Air Admittance Valve. How good are these and do they work well for a long time...
  14. DanMcD

Tubs, Toilets, Faucets at Plumbing Supply Versus Big Box Stores

Is it true a faucet or a tub or a sink bought at big box stores are lower quality or factory rejects as compared to buying them at a plumbing supply store?
  15. DanMcD

Basco Enclosure for 36 inch Neo Angle Shower

I have been looking at the BASCO enclosures for my 36 inch neo angle shower and I'm trying to decide whether to get one with a frameless door or a framed door. To keep the water from leaking outside, the frameless door has plastic drip strips on the bottom and side edges of the glass. The...
  16. DanMcD

Easiest to Keep Clean Faucet Finnish: Chrome or Brushed Nickel/Stainless Steel

Is there any consensus out there on what Faucet Finnish is easiest to keep clean? I am looking at Chrome versus Brushed Nickel/Stainless Steel. I figure you folks may have some good experience on which is best in the long term.
  17. DanMcD

Insulated Tank for Toto Drake II

Does Toto make an insulated tank only for the Toto Drake II? I have a Toto Drake II Cotton White CST454CEFG with CEFIONTECT. I find the tank sweats a lot in humid weather, so I'd like to get an insulated tank for by model.
  18. DanMcD

Increasing the flow rate of a Moen Voss Voss-Single-Handle-High-Arc-Lavatory-Faucet

Does anyone know if I can get a 2.2gpm aerator that fits the Moen Voss Voss-Single-Handle-High-Arc-Lavatory-Faucet? I'd like to increase the flow rate from the 1.5gpm aerator that comes with this faucet.
  19. DanMcD

Is the Toto Drake II better than the Toto Drake?

I have a Toto Drake II in my hall bath but I find it a little tall for my short legs. So I was wodering if I get the shorter Toto Drake for my Master bath, will it perform as well as the Drake II?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks