Search results

1. T

Jet Pump venturi/nozzle selection

toolfool Hi Bob. Thanks for your help. I'll just play around with the venturies, until I get the optimum combination.:cool:
  2. T

toolfool Thanks guys. Yes it is a Grainger 1D875, which is listed as a 'premium' pump. I have not put it in service yet. Am gunning for plenty of pressure to push through the filters I talked about in a previous thread. I imagine a smaller orifice will yield higher pressure. The sizes start at...
  3. T

Hello pump guys - I have a new 3/4 horse Dayton convertible jet-pump. I have a Dayton ejector-kit which includes the cast iron ejector, four different sizes of plastic nozzle/venturis and a chart. The chart tells me to choose nozzle/venturi size that matches my motor hp. Choices are for 1/2...
  4. T

Please HELP! I dropped the old pipe down the well!

toolfool How about a yard long piece of threaded rod, with a toggle-bolt wing (or several) threaded on near the top. You would choose toggle wings that would jam the id of the lost pipe, but not in the casing. Nuts and a suitable fender:cool:washer threaded near bottom would assure the thing...
  5. T

Pressure switch problem or something else???

toolfool If you disturbed and degraded an electrical connection to the lake-pump while you were house-keeping, it could indeed pinch off some volts to the motor out there. Low volts will keep it from starting quickly, which will overheat it. Before you pull the pump, and have to take the good...
  6. T

Pressure switch problem or something else???

toolfool Sounds like something in motor is thermo-cycling. At connection in motor, motor windings, nervous thermal-overload...
  7. T

pump pressure switch location

toolfool Well thanks for the advice, but stuff is already bought and paid for. We have been using only 27,000 gallons/ per year. Pretty clean so far without any filtering. Cisterns are tight and underground out of the sunlight. But all the filtering and charcoal and UV is just to make sure I...
  8. T

toolfool Bought the second bladder tank to ease the duty cycle for the pump. In parrallel they will give about 30 gallons under the pressure I want to run. Can not use backwashed filters or backwashed softeners because I am on cistern and water is precious. It is city water and very clean from...
  9. T

tom Well for Pete Sake, Now I have advise to put filters before, in between, and after the bladder tanks. I think I'll go like this: Pump, 30 micron filter, 2 parallel bladder tanks w/pump pressure-switch set to 60 psi, 2 parallel 5 micron filters, carbon filter, water softener, ozinator...
  10. T

Hi Bob Well that all makes sense to me. Yes it is a jet pump. Will deliver 60 pounds. I will set it up with all filters and softener in between the two bladder tanks. Control switch at last tank, set to 35-40 lbs. Alarm switch on pump set to 60lbs or so. Gauges in front fof first filter...
  11. T

Hi Folks Thanks Bob for the thoughtful reply. Good stuff! Allow me to offer this additional info: The water is delivered to our cisterns by a commercial potable-water hauler from the city water-plant. It is usually clear and clean, although just slightly hard. We use 3000 gal every 6-8 weeks...
  12. T

Hi - I am redoing my water system for my two-and-a-half bath home. The supply is an underground set of cistern tanks making up 5000 gallons. The water level is roughly even with the 1/2 horse shallow-well jet pump in the crawl space. It was what the contractor put in to do the job and it works...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks