Search results

1. jonjonbear

Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

Well, hate to tell you but the WR DUAL FLUSH toilet has a full size water spot. Works great even on the half flush.
  2. jonjonbear

I posted here two years ago regarding my first purchase of the Costco Water Ridge dual flush. I had also just installed the Toto Aquia III (400.00) in my master bath. I HATE the toto. Looks beautiful, horrible design. It's like crapping in a coffee cup. water spot is tiny, so every time you use...
  3. jonjonbear

Is there any way to tell a water softeners capacity by tank size?

Hah! Spoken in my language, I love it! :-) So those timings are pretty standard for most installations? I feared my system was using like almost 200 gallons to regen, but I didn't realize until reading more carefully that half of the cycle and the longest part at that) goes through that .50...
  4. jonjonbear

not much iron I think I am okay on iron, my iron shows at 0.025 mg/l, sounds almost non existent so it looks like I have that in my favor. The way it is set up now it seems to regen quite often. Not sure how many gallons it uses but the little hose that is connected to the drain absolutely...
  5. jonjonbear

Thanks Gary, But boy I am really confused now..Now I know what it was like trying to explain an auto repair to a not auto person :-) I followed your calculation, up until the 3000/3. I didn't see that on your page, is that something you did because of my unusual situation? where does the...
  6. jonjonbear

That sounds like a good plan. We do get a houseful but not very often. Maybe one party a year, and during holidays sometimes more folks, otherwise just the two of us and all very water wise appliances and plumbing fixtures. Thanks for all your help, John
  7. jonjonbear

Sounds like I am getting closer to figuring this out thanks to you guys! So do my pin settings look good? Given what you guys have told me, it sounds pretty good, maybe a bit heavy on the salt or no? So should I set the gallons dial at 1900 and call that it or am I misunderstanding how this...
  8. jonjonbear

Checked the tags. On the drain hose label, the amount has faded so I can't read that one. On the brine hose fitting, it says ".50 gpm, 1.5 lb salt minimum" Does this mean anything? I am going to try to attach pictures of my dial setting and pin wheel for your review. I really appreciate...
  9. jonjonbear

Probably lots of miles. We are in a rural area and the coop services a large area from something like 21 wells.. I have some pool/spa test strips, and even an aquarium test kit. Maybe I will see what I am getting at the tap.
  10. jonjonbear

I just went back and checked and he told me it was 1.5 to 3.0 mg/l free chlorine residual, is that better than total? Thanks, John
  11. jonjonbear

hmmm. 11 days. is it okay for it not to regen for that long? I keep reading they should regen at least once a week else the resin gets damaged, and this valve doesn't seem to have a clock on it so it must be completely water use..Yes outside bibs are separate, had the house built with a loop..
  12. jonjonbear

Okay will look at that fitting, hopefully it has the labels, seems like everything else is missing on this darn thing! Looks like given the numbers you mentioned, even at the lowest setting, it will be more than I need for my hardness. On the filter, the tank looks to be about 26" tall, but I...
  13. jonjonbear

Thanks Skip, I will check that out. I think there are several vacant holes in the brine fill section. I suspect with our water not being very hard, even the max 2100 setting might be too much. I have had a couple of neighbors tell me numbers between 3-4, I think because Aqua water pulls from...
  14. jonjonbear

Okay, will look on the valve. Are you trying to obtain the GPM of the brine fill? Will check when I get home. If there is no label is the a manual test I can do? Yes, the Kenmore Elite central whole home filtration system. It looks really nice, has ten pounds of carbon and supposed to last...
  15. jonjonbear

Question about a slip fit type plumbing connection, are they safe?

Thanks Peter, just didn't know what to think of all my house water going through a slip fitting. This will be connected to the softener to further filter the water before it enters it and to remove the chlorine smell. You mean my softener? Oh no, this is a separate deal. Still looking forward...
  16. jonjonbear

Question about a slip fit type plumbing connection, are they safe?

Hello all, I am installing a Kenmore Elite central home water filter system. In the book it shows and optional set of flexible stainless steel lines to make the installation easier. I went to sears, and after the shock of the price I bought them. On one end is a large threaded connection...
  17. jonjonbear

I suspect you are correct, not worth the expense or the trouble once I get it set up right. Okay, the tanks. No labels on them other than the manufactures label, the tanks are both 10"X48". Given this and my water info above, any pointers of what I should set this thing at? I really...
  18. jonjonbear

I am pretty sure mine have covers as the media tanks look chrome, or more likely stainless steel. I will look it over more closely when I get home for any markings, and if not post the measures. On the timer, where might one find these parts? Looking at the parts list it appears the valves...
  19. jonjonbear

Hello group, I have a twin tank softener which was made by "pure-tel" and I have no original paperwork on it. It has two tall chrome tanks with a Fleck 9000 valve on the top. This was in a rental house I had in Las Vegas and removed it when I sold the house and brought it to Texas where it's...
  20. jonjonbear

Hello, I too just bought one and tried it. I thought for the price, and Costo's return policy, why not. I just installed a Toto Aquia III in my master bath last week so had a high quality dual flush pot to compare to. The costco unit was every bit as nicely fired and finished as the Toto...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks