Search results

1. Zimzimma

Help with washing machine drain connection

Ok, I get what all you guys are saying that this is done totally incorrect. But, with the sealed connection, is a trap needed? Is it possible for sewer gases to enter through the washer some how? And there is no way possible to vent this to the roof...So is venting out the side of the house...
  2. Zimzimma

Ok, so adding a solid vent to a new wye configuration for the washer...how would I accomplish that? I got the adding a wye to the 2", then a vent...then a p trap. How should I plumb the vent portion? And how tall does the standpipe need to be after the trap?
  3. Zimzimma

Thanks Terry, My line of thinking was that the the tight connection for the washing machine would allow gases to enter down through the hose and through the washing machine somehow...is that even possible? I do have a pump in the basement floor that services the half bath in the finished...
  4. Zimzimma

Thanks but the reason I posted on here was to correct this myself. Any other suggestions?
  5. Zimzimma

Need some help with how to correct a problem with the washing machine drainage. Recently I've noticed a pvc elbow waste line for the washing machine connection leaking. Upon further inspection, there is also no trap present for the washing machine. (I'm assuming I need one) Looks like the...
  6. Zimzimma

Pipe guard

The yellow posts mentioned above are called bollards in case anyone was wondering. I work in the banking equipment & construction industry and frequently install bollards to protect drive up equipment. you can get smaller bollards by searching with google. Jon
  7. Zimzimma

Detached garage plumbing

ok, thanks...thats why I asked. Getting back to my original question, How do I protect the copper at the stubout in the garage when I plan to re pour the concrete?
  8. Zimzimma

Detached garage plumbing

Ok, and the curious one now asks, Is there a problem with running a sink into a drywell?
  9. Zimzimma

Detached garage plumbing

For the immediate time being, all that I will have at the garage building will be a slop sink and hose bib. I have a drywell near the garage that was for the washing machine...(new drywell was installed on other side of house for it) I plan to use the old drywell for the sink water. When the...
  10. Zimzimma

Detached garage plumbing

Ok, I'll have to check into that...thanks. I've read that as long as you maintain 12" in the trench between the 2, that its ok?? How about the other questions? Do I have all you professionals stumped? :p
  11. Zimzimma

Detached garage plumbing

Yes, eventually but I probably won't keep the heat on all winter. I was planning on including valves to drain the pipes, etc.. if I do plan on turning the heat off...Thoughts? I like to do things right the first time rather then change things down the road (i.e...when the time comes and I...
  12. Zimzimma

Detached garage plumbing

I have a few questions about plumbing a new detached garage. First off, I'm dealing with existing construction...slab already in place and walls completely framed and complete. This is a new home im purchasing...otherwise I would have planned this all advance. I will be installing a slop sink...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks