Search results

1. 99k

disaster averted !

You are violating plumbing code over 80 PSI. Install a low pressure cutout switch to prevent a vacuum situation. Good Catch.
  2. 99k

pH 6.1 after softening..how can I raise it ?

Are you using copper tubing after the RO system? You must use plastic tubing after any RO system since the water is very aggressive
  3. 99k

Which Gas Hot Water Heater?

I need to replace my mom's water heater (40 gal). Which unit is better for natural gas, Bradford-White or State? Each of my supply houses carry a different brand. Thanks.
  4. 99k

gpm

You cannot solve this problem unless you know your velocity. Just think, you could have 17psi line pressure and the valve is closed ... that equals zero GPM in both pipes.
  5. 99k

Hydrocare HC38 Thoughts???

Are you the author of the book in your avatar?
  6. 99k

Brush In Can

They sell the brush and cap assembly at my supply store (hercules / oatey) product. Call your local supply house ... they only cost $1
  7. 99k

Uponor admits its PEX fittings are defective

Maybe the foundry that made these also made the Zurn fittings. The root cause of failure was a high zinc content with agressive water. The driver was trying to save money. Viega Pureflow fittings are bronze with less than 1% zinc ... I still install this product (as I will today).
  8. 99k

broken pipe in deep well?

Ya, call a pro.
  9. 99k

New well completed -- Please review water test results

I also question why there is a "concern" about RO wastewater. Sure it may take 3-4 gallons of water to make one, but the average person would probably only drink 3 qts a day ... if this is going to create a septic issue then so will taking a shower or flushing the commode a few times.
  10. 99k

Planting trees near a well -- need some guidance please

One problem with flower beds around the well is that they are typically built up with mulch and other material so that the casing is no longer high enough above the ground ... remember you want the casing to be a minimum of 6" above ground level to prevent contamination. Also, never put a "fake...
  11. 99k

Acid neutralizer question

The minimum will be up for debate, however, the maximum level of calcite should provide a clearance of 18" or greater from the control head.
  12. 99k

New well completed -- Please review water test results

Your report should asterik levels that are over the upper limit. Be aware that it is not unusual for a new well to change. I suggest you do a complete retest (chemistry and bacteria and don't forget radon) in 3-6 months
  13. 99k

Expansion tank neccessary - required?

Well if you bought a 12 yo heater it sounds like money is tight. If you have a well and there already is a pressure tank, and you don't have any check valve in between this well tank and the hot water tank, then you should be fine to operate without the expansion tank. I would recommended that...
  14. 99k

Can my contractor drill through a concrete foundation beam?

When I lived in Texas I had a home built in the 80's that had tension cables running through the concrete ... that would be my concern. If I understand the piers, they are vertical and go deep into the earth and are like pads to support the slab. Why can't he divert the plumbing around the...
  15. 99k

Need Help !!! - French Drain/Pump Basin Sizing

As Paul Harvey would say, "now you know the rest of the story". Yes, he is a POS and lower than whale sh*t ... people like that don't deserve to be in business. Poor service and in times like these probably will not last ... Again with this kind of flow, if there is any way of excavating and...
  16. 99k

Chemilizer

It is an interesting device. Please tell us more why you think you need this? Do you have chemical and baterial results that you can share so that we can determine if this even makes sense for your situation?
  17. 99k

Need Help !!! - French Drain/Pump Basin Sizing

So I suspect your fix extends the cycle time but why is the installer an idiot? How was he suppose to know the extend of your water infiltration problem? How deep is the pit? I think the fair solution is to pay him to increase the pit size, otherwise, I can see why he's reluctant to eat the...
  18. 99k

Accurately measuring threaded iron pipe???

If you are a technical person and love data, there is a reference book called the Machinery Handbook that has all the specs for every imaginable thread
  19. 99k

Ways to support a pipe 2 feet or so off of wall?

Is this poly pipe and if so, what is the length before connecting to the tank?
  20. 99k

Soffit over shower?

I have 7' ceilings on the second floor of our cape and the upstairs bath has a 6" soffit = 6'6" from floor to soffit and that is fine unless you are very tall.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks