Search results

1. lylec

Confused about mortar under tubs...

This is on Page 2 of the installation instructions for the American Standard Plebe Whirlpool that is in my house, (incorrectly installed by the master plumber that installed it before I bought the house). "This bath must be supported along its entire bottom in all types of installations. We...
  2. lylec

To follow up Terry's point about how to best place mortar before setting the base, here are some thoughts. If you have ever set tile, you know that you use a notched trowel. The reason for the notches is to allow you to press the tiles down. If you try to press the tiles into a solid even...
  3. lylec

Missing mortar bed for tub

Great news for me. I look forward to getting it fixed. Then I will have to make my removable panel, as I hate to tile back over access to the plumbing yet again.
  4. lylec

I will do something to help explain this for everyone, and for future reference. Since I have the side of my tub open, without any mortar bed, it is very easy to see the bottom flex when a person steps in it. I will take a few photos with a tape measure next to the bottom . I will take a...
  5. lylec

I had figured the plaster would be best, as I have used it when setting 2 molded shower bottoms. I guess my main concern is if I will be able to adequately shove/push enough plaster under the chipboard piece to provide proper support.
  6. lylec

So, I have a small problem on my hands. We bought our house last November and the whole house had been remodeled. I am a contractor and we searched the house over and it all looked good. Well, after moving in I happened to be in the garage attic and peeked through a small opening behind the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks