Search results

1. SLB

Leaking drain (pop-up) assembly

I installed a new drain/pop-up assembly in a new bathroom sink and I can't get it to stop leaking. It seems to be leaking between the Mack washer and threaded section of the pop-up body. I have tried tightening the locknut in half-turn increments to no avail. Is it possible that I have over...
  2. SLB

Marking ABS?

I have a difficult time seeing pencil marks on ABS, especially in the dim lighting in the crawl space under our house. Do the pro's use a some other type of marker, like a lumber crayon or soapstone? -Steve
  3. SLB

Is my water heater installed incorrectly?

We bought our current house about 5 years ago. The previous owner had a new gas water heater installed just prior to selling us the house. I just noticed that there is a lot of scale and what appears to be corrosion around the area where the supply lines connect to the water heater. I took...
  4. SLB

Swiss public toilet

Check this out! Attached are photos of a public toilet in Switzerland that's built entirely out of one-way glass. No one can see you in there, but when you are inside, it looks like you're sitting in a clear glass box.
  5. SLB

Plumber's Truck

Some of you may have seen this before, but I just received this a few days ago and got a kick out of it.
  6. SLB

Repair pierced vent pipe?

I recently mounted a small cabinet over a toilet. I could only locate one stud behind the cabinet and therefore had to use some dry wall anchors. While drilling the holes for the anchors, I hit an ABS vent pipe in the wall. Fortunately, I stopped before I drilled all the way through the vent...
  7. SLB

P-Trap requirement for relocated bathtub?

Two questions regarding the installation of a p-trap for a recently relocated bathtub. Can the p-trap be the type that uses compression nuts/washers or should it be the fixed (glued joints) type? Also, I was told that local code allows short (<5 feet) horizontal drain lines without a cleanout...
  8. SLB

Severe water hammer/slow close valves

Our back yard lawn sprinklers make a loud banging sound whenever they shut off. It's been this way since we bought the house four years ago, but I just now got around to investigating. I now realize that we are experiencing severe water hammer. There are eight sprinkler heads on one...
  9. SLB

San Tee vs 90 with low heel inlet?

I intend to hook-up a relocated toilet drain (as part of a bathroom remodel) this weekend. I had intended to come off the flange with a 10" vertical drop into a long sweep 90, then horizontal for approximately 18" into a 3x3x2 san tee connecting to a 2" vent and then to the main 3" drain line...
  10. SLB

Wax ring type?

I went to one of our local hardware stores to pick up a wax ring for our new toilet. They had two types, the one with a plastic funnel molded into it and the plain wax ring without the funnel. Having lurked on this forum for some time, it seems to me that the wax ring without the funnel is the...
  11. SLB

Venting/drain slope question

I've just completed a bathroom remodel except for connection of the new drains and vents back into the existing system. I need to connect 2" vents from the new toilet and shower (currently roughed into the attic crawlspace). The easiest path is to tie these two together and then connect them...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks