Search results

1. Littlebrook

hammer arrestors

where to place arresters Hi, I bought some arrestors like the ones that Redwood posted and placed them at the outlet box as shown on the picture. They worked for maybe 2 weeks or so but now the water hammer has returned. Should I try to place on directly on the washer itself? Or do I have a...
  2. Littlebrook

Re-use neoprene gasket?

Hi, I need to remove a floor-mounted, back outlet toilet to put in new flooring. It has a neoprene ring to connect the flange to the toilet and I was wondering if I can just re-use the same one or do I need to get a new one? Thanks Chun
  3. Littlebrook

Water backing up into tub and other bathroom

The point of having your septic tank pumped is to remove all of the "clumps and debris". If the new guy is not doing that, then I don't think he is really pumping out your tank. If you don't remove the solid waste, it could build up over time and cause your tank to back-up and for solids to go...
  4. Littlebrook

Sealing around shower handles

No, my tub/shower faucet kit did not contain any sort of gaskets for the trim. I trusted the plumber to make sure water would not make its way into the wall but unfortunately his plumbers putty method did not hold up. Caulked it this afternoon as Redwood suggested so fingers crossed I won't see...
  5. Littlebrook

Green copper pipes

probably bad electrical grounding in my case. When I moved into the house 18 months ago, the ground wire was loosely wrapped around the water meter. Don't know how long it was like that before I put a proper ground clamp on it.
  6. Littlebrook

Green copper pipes

what causes pinholes?
  7. Littlebrook

one last thing one question. if you had installed the shower for a customer, would you have sealed the trim with caulk, or done what my plumber did and put lots of putty under the trim? I am beginning to think that my usual plumber is not as good at his job as he seems. When he changed the...
  8. Littlebrook

Thanks, I'll have to run out and get some.
  9. Littlebrook

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll get right on it. The reason I think the water is running down the tile and getting into the wall is that there is a visible gap between the tile and the trim. The putty (or whatever) that the plumber put around the pipe to seal the gap has dried out and is...
  10. Littlebrook

It,s a moen 3 handle shower valve. It was installed just last year. I don't think its leaking.
  11. Littlebrook

Green copper pipes

Hi, I was wondering whether I should worry about green patches appearing on my copper pipes, especially around the joints? Thanks
  12. Littlebrook

Hi, I found a small puddle of water in the basement below the bathroom and traced it to a small leak/drip coming from around shower handle wall tube. I think the water is running down the tile walls and getting behind the escutcheon, then making its way through the wall. I pulled it off and...
  13. Littlebrook

HVAC Filters

If you go with the pleated filters, make sure your furnace will work properly with these. I made the mistake of replacing the cheap fiberglass filter that were in my house when I bought it with the basic pleated filters without knowing that they severely restricted airflow and caused my furnace...
  14. Littlebrook

Furnace filter restricting airflow?

Hi, I have a 1993 vintage Carrier furnace that has been cycling frequently and takes forever to reach the set temperature (probably 1-2 degree change per hour!). Yesterday the furnace stopped working so I changed the filter and reset which got it going again so it seemed like the furnace was...
  15. Littlebrook

Ejector Pump Box with Air Admittance Valve (LONG)

I have no plumbing experience and like Sedin26 I too read this forum daily and find it to be an fantastic source of reliable and accurate information. I came here because I don't know a single thing about plumbing and the plumbers and others on this site are ready and willing to give help and...
  16. Littlebrook

Aqua Touch Kitchen faucet

Thanks. I did search for Aqua Touch but couldn't find any contact details. I found a few for sale on **** but these are listed as surplus stock from HD. I'll try searching some more but if any one happens to have the phone number, it would be greatly appreciated.
  17. Littlebrook

Can't find shut off valves

I do have a shut off valve on the main water supply from the street which I guess I will use to shut off water to the whole house. Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that whoever built my house back in the 60's had some strange ideas regarding plumbing. The whole house is copper...
  18. Littlebrook

Can't find shut off valves

Hi, I am thinking about changing my kitchen faucet but when I looked under the sink, I noticed that the supply lines do not have shut off valves. I followed the pipes down through the basement and cannot see shutoffs anywhere along the line. The hotwater appears to run straight from the water...
  19. Littlebrook

Aqua Touch Kitchen faucet

Hi, I have an Aqua-touch pull-out kitchen faucet (model 7811) that drips. I can't seem to find much info about this brand of faucets online and don't know how to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks
  20. Littlebrook

venting of utility sink pump in basement

I have a similar type of pump on my laundry tub but made by Bur-Cam. It works well and doesn't need a vent but I think you'll find the pro plumbers on this forum will not recommend it for various reasons.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks